When are we gonna get the conclusion on Jon Jones' sentence?

Cup of water

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm supposing it can't just drag on forever, or can it?

Is there like a deadline for when the trial or whatever has to start?

Hope to see Jon Jon back in the cage, BACK in the cage, that is.

Prosecutor has 90 days to reveal the official release of charges, so July.

Or how about Anderson's for that matter?

Jon's case is gonna be a long process imo, unless he pleads guilty to all charges. His lawyers are working on all technicalities of his case to try and minimize his sentence.

I'm supposing it can't just drag on forever, or can it?

Is there like a deadline for when the trial or whatever has to start?

Hope to see Jon Jon back in the cage, BACK in the cage, that is.

They can keep postponing it for a long time depending on which route JJ and his lawyer will take. Jon can remain bailed out during the length of the hearings.....if he pleads NOT guilty the case will go to TRIAL which will be even longer. The actual SENTENCING wont be anytime soon.

Do some research on the criminal justice system or how the courts work rather than asking Sherdog lol

Shit can take a long long time.

Dont hold your breath

Jon's case is gonna be a long process imo, unless he pleads guilty to all charges. His lawyers are working on all technicalities of his case to try and minimize his sentence.

They could be trying to workout a plea bargain as well. I got homies that have been in county jail for years on murder trails waiting to get sentenced just waiting and going through different plea bargain deals, not signing shit, taking it to trail etc...

Its gonna be a long long road for JJ. Good thing his situation isnt that bad. AT WORST hel go to jail for a few months, probation + rehab

at BEST he will pay a huge fine, his case will be transferred to drug courts, etc hel be back in the UFC by 2016

Jones is gonna get off light and Sherdog is gonna be upset.

I've seen a case in the past where the responsible party in a hit and run that resulted in a death only got a few years probabtion.

That's the million dollar question pal. We are all waiting for the answer. I want this shit sorted out ASAP

They can keep postponing it for a long time depending on which route JJ and his lawyer will take. Jon can remain bailed out during the length of the hearings.....if he pleads NOT guilty the case will go to TRIAL which will be even longer. The actual SENTENCING wont be anytime soon.

Do some research on the criminal justice system or how the courts work rather than asking Sherdog lol

Shit can take a long long time.

Dont hold your breath

Good post.

People need to just settle in, get ready for the long haul, and enjoy DC vs Bader.

As someone who's lost friends to a drunk driver, I don't care to see him back in the cage until he serves an adequate punishment. You don't have to overpunish the guy, but make sure it's the right punishment. An athlete has the right to self destruct like anyone else--just don't drag(or almost kill)innocent people with you. Charge him criminally then sue his ass.

Hum, which cage exactly?

GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-Patrick-Stewart-Star-Trek-GIF.gif

Let's hope the judge does his job and makes an example out of him. Anything less than 6 months jail time would be a total joke.

I hope Jones walks, so it becomes even more painfully obvious that the US of A's legal system is a joke.

Jon didn't leave the scene of hit and run. He remembered he left the stove on at his place and was rushing home to shut it off, and therefore saving lives by preventing a potential fire. He is a hero dammit!!!!

yea the legal system is not ever in a hurry

As someone who's lost friends to a drunk driver, I don't care to see him back in the cage until he serves an adequate punishment. You don't have to overpunish the guy, but make sure it's the right punishment. An athlete has the right to self destruct like anyone else--just don't drag(or almost kill)innocent people with you. Charge him criminally then sue his ass.

Jail is the answer. 90 days, and actually serve it. None of this "statutory release after 25 days" bullshit. If that's the case sentence him to 6 months and let him get released in 2. It doesn't take a long time in jail to make an impression on rich, privileged people, but it takes jail.

The only way this happens relatively quickly is if Jones takes an immediate plea deal. And under those circumstances it will most likely result in some sort of jail time. There is literally zero incentive for the DA to let Jones off given the profile of the case and nature of the case. Letting Jones off without any jail time would give the DA's next opponent a sledgehammer at the next election.

The power is really in the hands of the DA as they know that every day this drags on Jones is potentially losing monstrous amounts of money. Meanwhile for the DA this is a big opportunity to make a public splash if they have aspirations for re-election or higher office. Also, if this goes to trial this whole situation can drag on for a very, very long time depending on bargaining, appeals, rescheduling, delays in proceeding, etc, etc.

I don't see Jones wanting this to go to trial. Most likely he ends up pleading out with some modicum of jail time (6 months to a year). He might sneak out with less but given his record, the severity of the offense and the number of witnesses it's a real stretch.

Now if Jones decides this goes to trial, it might be multiple years before we see Jones back in the Octagon. And there's always the possibility that it goes to trial and he still loses and then he's still facing the same amount of jail time or more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back