When Brock showed he had no standup

cdec5a89ad38b935337ea10af7e7d3bf.gif
No one ever said anything about him having bad footwork

Really? he actually landed some nice jabs and cut Overeem, Overeems eyebrow was pretty bad there, few leg kicks to start off. I think it was that clinch where Overeem hit him in the recent surgery that did Brock in, Overeem went right for the stomach with those knees, hey no complaints its a fight, you have to attack any vulnerability.
I thought Overreem was always doing heavy knees to the body? I have to go revisit his highlights.

brock arguably has the best hands in WWE you casual!!!

Brock took those knees to where he had surgery. It's a fair strike, but this isn't a good fight to show a 100% Brock. He was different after his diverticulitis. Look how hesitant he was to shoot in compared to earlier fights. Brock at UFC 100 could take anyone down and hang on the ground with Mir on his back.

My guess with Brock has always been he just didnt want to do hard sparing or buildup fights because he feared the long term health effects, he originally left the WWE because he didnt want to wrestle their punishing schedule afterall and only returned to do a much more limited work load. That resulted in him simply not having the experience of really being under pressure which led to the panicking and mistakes.

Whilst he was never going to be some smooth technical striker I do think he had ok potential, fairly fast heavy hands for a guy his size.

Bigfoot and Travis Browne avenged Brawks defeat for him by knocking out Overratedreem/Deflatedreem in his next 2 fights

We know Brock is limited, but that dude had power and wrestling. Definitely not a bad HW champ in UFC's history

Plus he made Heath Herring do the barrel roll

tumblr_mejdeuXKaY1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Also dropped Randy with a nice right to set up his finishing move, the Donkey Kong ground punches

brock-lesnar_randy-couture.gif
Yeah, he had good reflexes and a nice straight right. But Brock was not the same after the Carwin fight.

From what I see he actually showed he had standup, very oddy speaking, if you look at teh reem fight, he was actually winning the standup initilly, he opened a cut on overeem. we expected brock to take him down because we thought that was the only way for him to win, actually he had very good standup, he just hated getting hit.

He had standup. By the time of Velasquez and Overeem (and Carwin to some extent) he'd been literally gutted by diverticulitis. Still looked and sounded the part of a fighter, but couldn't back it up anymore.

The Lesnar of 2008-09 could have beaten almost anyone.

That would be all of his fights, minus the one punch he threw at Herring, because Herring was being an idiot who thought a 300lb super athlete was just some pro-wrestler who couldn't hurt him.

Brock lived and died with his wrestling. He couldn't stand and bang with anyone who knew what the fuck they were doing/weren't taking his lunchbox fists lightly.

Back