Rewatch When Brock showed he was for real

Dude the right hand lesnar ate off the bat was nasty. If nothing else, brock has always had a chin.

My first exposure to Brock Lesnar was in sports illustrated for kids when he was interviewing as an NCAA wrestler in which he ironically stated he wouldn't pursue professional wrestling after college because it was fake.

I still remember the hype around his MMA debut, he brought in so much of the mainstream coverage that's a regular part of modern MMA.

He is one of my immediate picks for "what could have been" if he was born a decade later and started training MMA in high school then he could have gotten used to being hit and probably wouldn't have reacted so poorly to adversity.

He has freak genetics and obvious work ethic.

That was the fight where Brock became bad at taking shots. His striking was actually much better when he faced Heath Herring. Brock made him to do a somersault with a nice straight right and was exchanging well.
Not fighter bashing but, Heath had shit striking defense and offense. Another heavy weight that always looked out of shape even though he could've taken ped.

I wouldn't say so in terms of style BUT I think Brock getting first shot at Randy rather than say Werdum who was promised it twice was clearly favourable, Randy was coming off a couple of upset wins and hadnt fought in 18 months at an advanaced age, everyone wanted a shot at him.

That was also a fight were the extreme Lesnar fanboys tended to ignore how it actually went, they carried on pushing the same old Kerr style "unstoppable wrestler" hype yet Randy did largely stop his wrestling. Seems to be something which goes around every few years as Bo Nikel was getting the same.
Sure I agree w that. People should really rewatch that fight. It's really good and makes me really salivate how a fight w prime Fedor would have been like before Fedor knocked him out

Not fighter bashing but, Heath had shit striking defense and offense. Another heavy weight that always looked out of shape even though he could've taken ped.
Heath was a very legit opponent who was 0-1 in the UFC and only had 1 MMA win in Japan. Brock could have easily repeated what Fedor did to Heath but he decided to stand.

That Carwin fist was for real

j0symeb5gal91.jpg
Getting hit by lunch boxes like that sucks. Especially, without gloves for extended periods of time. With your head stuck up against a ring post. And teh promoter doesn't stop teh fight yet because you haven't been maimed. But your nose is falling off. Ah. Memories

Last edited:
Brock sucked, but so did/does the HW division.

The Randy fight was awesome tbh. I don't consider that favorable matchmaking

Loses to Mir, fights Heath down in the rankings, wins, and boom title shot as a 1-1 fighter. Not sure it gets more favorable. Randy also got the speed run, but he’s a legend, and we all thought Gonzaga was the next coming. I get why Randy got the TS against Tim, plus he knew he could win that fight. That said, I don’t think Randy was holding on to that belt long. He was the champ, but he wasn’t the best HW at that time. Of course, that’s not Brock’s fault.

I thought Lesnar was supposed to be such a great wrestler. When he was under Carwin in the first round, he had absolutely no answer on how to get out from under him. Carwin's cardio looked like a guy who took the fight on real short notice. Not a very good performance by either guy. Jon Jones would eat these guys alive!

It was panic. Sheer panic.

Sure he got dropped but look at EVERY other one of Carwins wins. All in the first round, and he was sleeping people. the fact that Brock took his shots and made it to the second round, and smiled at him before starting the second round!!! I've never been a brock fan, but he earned my respect that night

It's not about getting dropped. It's about the utter lack of composure, inability to put up a fight until Carwin gassed out.

People love to paint him solely as a pro wrestler without giving credit to his real collegiate wrestling.

Sure he got dropped but look at EVERY other one of Carwins wins. All in the first round, and he was sleeping people. the fact that Brock took his shots and made it to the second round, and smiled at him before starting the second round!!! I've never been a brock fan, but he earned my respect that night

Any time he was hit in the face he reacted very poorly sir, its not about respecting him, its just a fact.

Would've been interesting to see how great Brock would've been if he started in his mid 20's to late 20's with real MMA gym and actually learned how to take a punch and stay calm.

The guy probably would've gone down as one of the best to ever do it at HW.

I'm not much of a fan of pro wrestling, they are tough, I'll give them that and this post is 100% correct.
Yeah I stopped watching pro wrestling when I was around 12 or so lol.

Back