Rewatch When Brock showed he was for real

That was so strange, he obviously has a good chin and can take a punch, he also took some good punches before the Carwin fight, and he also ate them during the Carwin fight, just to then later start fearing punches like the devil fears the cross.

It like happened overnight and he got so afraid of them later on that he basically had to retire...
He just didn't know how to deal with being hurt. Those punches actually hurt him and he panicked because he just wasn't conditioned enough to deal with those situations.

I wouldn't say so in terms of style BUT I think Brock getting first shot at Randy rather than say Werdum who was promised it twice was clearly favourable, Randy was coming off a couple of upset wins and hadnt fought in 18 months at an advanaced age, everyone wanted a shot at him.

That was also a fight were the extreme Lesnar fanboys tended to ignore how it actually went, they carried on pushing the same old Kerr style "unstoppable wrestler" hype yet Randy did largely stop his wrestling. Seems to be something which goes around every few years as Bo Nikel was getting the same.
He was able to get back up when he got put down and was doing well in the striking until he got clipped. The tide was turning before that happened

The Brock hate is hilarious. Of course the dude wasn't a good striker. He was in his fucking 30's winning the UFC title without any striking background AT ALL.

Get a grip guys.

Brocks striking was not bad at all. It was very underrated, look at his fights and prove me wrong. He landed shots against elite strikes.

Brock didn't have it mentally. His chin was fine his panic driven head wasnt

Untrue. Couture fight was very very good.

Don't even try dude. I hate Brock and everything he stands for.

What I do like about him was that he remains an example to people who think that athleticism is everything and fighting is easily learned. The way he mentally folded in fights remains in our gifs forever.

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
I can understand that. If a pissed off Carwin was on top of me, I'd panic too!
Well sure, but you know: we expect more from professional fighters headlining ppvs.

Don't even try dude. I hate Brock and everything he stands for.

What I do like about him was that he remains an example to people who think that athleticism is everything and fighting is easily learned. The way he mentally folded in fights remains in our gifs forever.
Yes but his trainers had no time to prepare him for that. They had to make him ready fast and keep him confident. To learn striking they couldn't have top boxers put it on him. It'd destroy his confidence, and it'd take too long. He was thrown in w top MMA fighters in his career right away. So his trainers they did a commendable job under the circumstances

I miss Brock, i miss Conor, hell, I even miss Ronda.

I miss UFC having superstars.

I think we’re on the same page mate. Favourable match making and was never going to be a long standing champ but fair do, he took the opportunities he was given and achieved a lot for someone who clearly didn’t like to get hit. A true definition of someone who likes to be the hammer and doesn’t like to be the nail. A big fucking hammer though that mf’er was!

Favourable match making for Brock? In his second only fight in MMA he gets served up against a former world champion who could take advantage of his inexperience in BJJ. Herring fought most of the top dogs of the previous era so that's no easy fight for a rookie, and Couture may have been old but he was supposed to negate the wrestling which he did. It was the striking that messed Randy up.

Furthermore Carwin, Cain and Ubereem are the worst possible style matchups for Lesnar but he fought them all one after the other.

Yes but his trainers had no time to prepare him for that. They had to make him ready fast and keep him confident. To learn striking they couldn't have top boxers put it on him. It'd destroy his confidence, and it'd take too long. He was thrown in w top MMA fighters in his career right away. So his trainers they did a commendable job under the circumstances

Honestly, I would rather if trainers and promoters did not have to pump up these hype ballons. I know what you think of that though: that I should just relax and enjoy the show. But as I have already made clear: I will do no such thing!

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
He was 106-5 in Div 1 college wrestling. Pretty impressive to be dominant as a Freshman.
And he still chose to be a Steroid Cheat. So obviously he was not to confident in his 106 - 5 record.

Lol I love how MMA fans still can't get over Brock being champ. He's a white boy and he's jacked. Deal with it.

Shane lost to lactic acidosis more than he lost to Brock

This was post-diverticulitis Brock. I kind of figured he was done after this fight, even though he won. He only won because Carwin gassed himself out by beating him up.

he showed he was for real.. when he man handled mark hunt 3 rounds he got hit with few power shots ... and showed his wrestling
<JonesLaugh> <DCrying>
:p

Back