When he was in the UFC,I liked Eddie Alvarez's chances against Khabib

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I thought he had all the tools to give Khabib some problems, very good wrestler, strong and stocky kind of build, decent power, good striking, good in the clinch, can scramble pretty well, etc..

It would of been cool to see this matchup and I definitely liked his chances more than basically anyone at LW in the last 5 years (Maybe not current Justin, that's a MAYBE).

Do you agree?

I reckon khabib literally destroys that inflated balloon lmao it’s not khabibs wrestling that’s the problem, it’s when they get to the floor

For me it's prime benson who I'd say is his worst match up he has a very strong base he's hard to get down and he has great defense on the ground he also has better striking and movement

but yeah khabib vs alverez was always a match up i wanted to see it's a shame it never happened.

I thought he had all the tools to give Khabib some problems, very good wrestler, strong and stocky kind of build, decent power, good striking, good in the clinch, can scramble pretty well, etc..

It would of been cool to see this matchup and I definitely liked his chances more than basically anyone at LW in the last 5 years (Maybe not current Justin, that's a MAYBE).

Do you agree?
Khabib didnt seem very impressed with Eddie,and this was like 5 or 6 yrs ago. He def saw him as someone he might fight,but he wasnt really worried too much about it. Mystic Khabib knows these things.

Some of the old school wrestling LW might do well.

Roided Sean Sherk would have a great chance.

Frankie Edgar would give him a good fight.

Ben Henderson

These would all be fun, actually. Like someone mentioned though, it's when Khabib takes you down that he beats the dogshit outta you.

I put Khabib, Tony, BJ, Frankie Edgar, Dustin, and RDA and even Pettis ahead of him. Justin is ahead of him too
Doesn't Justin have way fewer marquee wins and also got stopped by Alvarez.?

Eddie was in his prime literally 12 years ago in DREAM. Truly some of the best fights of all time against Kawajiri and Hansen. He had a long career that didn't lend itself to longevity, but he still managed to last longer than other JBGs.

Let's wait until Justin is on the downside of his career and loses 2/3 of his fights against the top 10 before we assess.

If Khabib stood with Eddie it would have been night night for him. Benson Henderson could have decisioned Khabib as well. How come Khabib/Tony never faced Jim Miller or Lauzon?.

Back