When someone got a cut in PRIDEFC

I feel bad for you youngsters never witnessing the greatness of Pride FC: from the promo's to the ring introductions, the legendary walk outs, +50.000 sold out venues, the fact that some fights weren't announced beforehand and you didn't know the opponent of your favorite fighter, the GP's, the face stomps and soccer kicks, a 10 minute first round, etc.

Ooh the memories ...

<mma1>
Not to mention our favorite fighters fighting every few months :(

if someone had a bad cut in PRIDE,they would just stop the match right there and a team of guys would go to work on it in the middle of a match

Try to watch this and not get pumped up. That energy is infectious.

What I miss the most about Pride was the production. I love how they make the fighters feel larger than life. The music, the announcer, the atmosphere. They really made it an awesome spectacle. That shit pumps me up as a fan watching it. I can only imagine what it would feel like as a fighter experiencing it.

Not to mention our favorite fighters fighting every few months :(
Yeah it was crazy that guys like Cro Cop had like 6-7 fights per year. And for me, since I live in Europe (Belgium), the events were always on Sunday morning (like 8-9 am). So I had a fun Sunday morning when there was a Pride event (in the morning following the PbP, in the afternoon looking for ways to download the event and watch it later in the afternoon).

Back