When those body shots started landing

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Reminded me of the Cejudo Marlon fight a lot. Marlon was dominating at first, then this persistent shot keeps landing without any defence. Stipes body/liver shots were Cejudos thai clinch knees.

Body shots are one of the most pleasing things to watch as a fight fan. PLEASE use them more everyone. The accuracy and meat on those were beautiful.

giphy.gif

Soon as he made the same reaction he did versus Silva, I knew DC was cooked.

Supposedly Anderson told Jon to set up the KO by distracting him to the body since DC seems to lack defense to body shots.

DjzDuEFmo3zSn1xmZjJY0s2uA6r49eweI4ZbRfw8CPs.gif

How does a guy twice your height even land body shot after body shot!? How did DC not make the necessary adjustments!?

Me thinks DC is doing anything in his power to avoid a 3rd ass whooping by Jones! Next-level ducking right there!

Supposedly Anderson told Jon to set up the KO by distracting him to the body since DC seems to lack defense to body shots.

When I saw Stipe's first body shot in the fourth I immediately thought of this fight.

He mentioned this fight specifically in the post fight conference.

Stipe's fight IQ is top notch. Change up your game plan in the middle of a very tough fight requires composure, discipline and a strong mind.

Reminded me of the Cejudo Marlon fight a lot. Marlon was dominating at first, then this persistent shot keeps landing without any defence. Stipes body/liver shots were Cejudos thai clinch knees.

Body shots are one of the most pleasing things to watch as a fight fan. PLEASE use them more everyone. The accuracy and meat on those were beautiful.

The commentators were saying that Costa's body shots were having no effect on Romero, but Romero's classic explosive bursts were no where to be found in that fight.

Those body shots are way effective.

The commentators were saying that Costa's body shots were having no effect on Romero, but Romero's classic explosive bursts were no where to be found in that fight.

Those body shots are way effective.
One thing generally consistent with body shots is everyone feels them. Unlike punches to the face where some people can ignore it.

I remember Bas Rutten saying after the first good liver shot you can pretty much hit anything in the body.

When I saw Stipe's first body shot in the fourth I immediately thought of this fight.

He mentioned this fight specifically in the post fight conference.

Stipe's fight IQ is top notch. Change up your game plan in the middle of a very tough fight requires composure, discipline and a strong mind.

Especially when he was down 2-1 on the scorecards. He knew he had to win round 4 and 5 to win the fight.

I was wondering what took so long for Stipe to start ripping the body. DC fights with his arms out stretched and ducks his head to avoid punches. It's almost the same defense every time and it works against head shots, but the body doesn't move quite as much. His gut was out there asking to be hit all night.

After all that one just had to slap DC s fat belly to win. Who could have thought of this?

Had dc went to the ground and followed his fucking gameplan, he probably would've won. He didn't listen to his coaches and paid the consequences. Stipe and his corner did a great job to find the hole in dc's game. I think if DC honestly really wants to get the belt back, or at least retire on a win, there should be a 3rd fight. (Maybe this loss will also humble him inside the cage and he'll listen to his world-class coaches.

Especially when he was down 2-1 on the scorecards. He knew he had to win round 4 and 5 to win the fight.
Agreed.

Gotta give props to DC. Took him down and kept him there.

And fucking props to Stipe for taking DC down in the third, changing up his game to adjust and knocking him out.

I consider Jones's victories over DC as meaningless. Stipe is the only fighter who has ever been able to beat Daniel Cormier legit.

Agreed.

Gotta give props to DC. Took him down and kept him there.

And fucking props to Stipe for taking DC down in the third, changing up his game to adjust and knocking him out.

I consider Jones's victories over DC as meaningless. Stipe is the only fighter who has ever been able to beat Daniel Cormier legit.

Kind of crazy that if you look at DC's record in 10 years, Stipe will officially be the only guy that finished him.

Was bizarre to me that DC did absolutely nothing to try and stop them.

You'd have thought after the 5th body shot he'd have made an adjustment, but what do I know.

Body shots are always there against DC. Once Stipe landed a few, I knew things would get interesting since he never had a proper defense against them.

That snap kick to the body is a thing of beauty. Lyoto-esque.

Those body shots set it up for sure, but that was one of the most beautiful punch sequences I've seen. Stipe connects with the hook to the body, DC tries to turn around and recenter, but he turns right into the oncoming hook. Then, he tries to dodge, but ends up back against the cage with nowhere to go against that follow up shot. It looked like he was trying to dodge but had nowhere to go.

It was like a how-to guide on turning a big shot into a finish. I think if that cage wall hadn't been there, DC might have been able to slip away and recover, but that's how it goes.

i've seen this clip of Henry letting his coach rip body shots on him with boxing gloves..

DC should do the same for his next training camp, and also he needs to be more aware of his striking defense overall

& Less reliable on his heart and chin

Back