Media When trash talk goes wrong

Its fight promotion. What you suggested as promotion is boring. It’s why Stipe was never as big a star as he could have been. Why Mighty Mouse never had any real traction. Even GSP had his nasty moments, going into the cage and pissing on Hughes’s bonfire.

It’s also pretty funny people saying “it just makes me want to see him get knocked out” that’s the whole point. And if you dislike them enough to buy the ppv then even better.

Also what Justin said was true anyway. He said that the Khabib comparisons are laughable because Khabib had no quit in him, (talking about not only his perfect record but mentality)

LOL, you can't say that subjective opinions (yours) are objective, but sure. There are guys like Dariush, Poirier (well, on-and-off), Olive, Chandler, Gane, Tylenorin, and greats like Saku, CC, Fedor, Big Nog etc., who never did that style of trash talk and were/are wildly popular. Sorry not everyone shares your taste, but they're not wrong.

Also, when I don't like a fighter ('s personality), I *will not* tune in or especially buy a ppv just to see them lose. It has WAY more to do with whether or not I like the person they're fighting.

Also, c'mon this is a grey/nuanced subjective issue, not black/white rulebook.

totally correct about Khabib though.

When trash talk goes right
giphy.gif

When trash talk goes wrong

1503412547_giphycopy.gif

That is quite the double standard this forum has for McGregor. Almost every fighter taps to the rnc. It only became cowardly once McGregor tapped to it and only he is really mocked for it.
No. Going to sleep has always been considered the manly way to go out, and every fighter that has done it gets heavy praise on Sherdog. A lot of fighters have been dumped on over the years for tapping out to an RNC. It didn’t start with Conor.

Justin is like 2 more fights away from only being able to communicate by yelling in various pitches and volumes. We will actually fondly look back on his talking ability here

I don’t doubt that you enjoy the taste of salty liquids. And yes Charles did submit with Justin with a rear naked choke but that doesn’t change the fact that he has been known to check out of fights.
This information is out of date and needs to be updated. Charles is on an 11 fight win streak with 10 finishes, no quits.

Hasn't tapped in 11 fights. Gaethje looks for a way out as soon as the fight hits the ground.

I don’t think tapping when a submission is clearly locked in is looked at as quitting to most people. Flopping to your back and turtling up against Swanson and Cerrone and quitting while still on your feet against Holloway is though.

I don’t think tapping when a submission is clearly locked in is looked at as quitting to most people. Flopping to your back and turtling up against Swanson and Cerrone and quitting while still on your feet against Holloway is though.
I wouldn't call getting rocked by strikes the same as quitting. Your boy Justin on the other hand had several seconds to think about tapping before his brain was deprived of oxygen.

Edit: you have to be legit insane to think he quit against Max. He suffered a freak neck injury that caused tempory paralysis. Go rewatch the fight you fucking basket case lmao.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call getting rocked by strikes the same as quitting. Your boy Justin on the other hand had several seconds to think about tapping before his brain was deprived of oxygen.

Edit: you have to be a legit retard to think he quit against Max. He suffered a freak neck injury that caused tempory paralysis. Go rewatch the fight you fucking pea brain lmao.

Who said Justin Gaethje was my boy? I’ve never met him and am not really a fan. Sort of indifferent to him actually. I certainly am not as upset about this as you as I haven’t had to resort to cheap insults and profanity.

Who said Justin Gaethje was my boy? I’ve never met him and am not really a fan. Sort of indifferent to him actually. I certainly am not as upset about this as you as I haven’t had to resort to cheap insults and profanity.
You're bothered by profanity on a forum that regularly allows it?
<DontBelieve1>

Back