When was the last time a wrestling VS BJJ grappling war was as good as Gillespie Ferreira?

It's exciting but it's such a cardio burner I'm not surprised more grapplers don't partake in it.

Gregor vs Ferguson could be fun if Tony loses his next fight

I will say Romanov-Espino was incredibly fun up until the terrible ending

Romanov is a wrestler and Espino is both a wrestler and a BJJ black belt

Gillespie won big last night. Lots of visibility, took the fight against a guy with a 17-3 record that came in waaaaay over weight. Faced adversity and finished him

That's the way to come back and erase a loss.

Against a guy that gave Dariush everything he could handle, finished Pettis and out hustled Kabilov.
Dariush beat a better version of CDF more dominantly.

Pettis and Khabilov were also far past their primes when they fought CDF.

It was very exciting in the first round, but then CDF had nothing left in the second

Dariush’s scrambles were top-notch, and Gregors positioning is world class.

Amazing turn of tides going from round one to two. He really did break CDF.

Maia Askren was prolly the last one I can remember but it wasnt as good as this and there was some bad standup in that one.

Yeah I thought of Askren v Maia, I found that to be great viewing to be honest.

Missed it live but im about to watch. Love style vs style grappling wars. Very rare these days. I was one of the people who gave up on Gregor after that FKL ko. Good to see him bounce back.

Randy Couture vs. Big Nog - Randy was well into his 40s and the smaller fighter....so he was mostly on the defensive and in bad positions...but it was amazing he didn't get subbed.

I'm guessing Couture vs. Ricco Rodriguez was good, but never saw the fight.

Diego Sanchez vs. Nick Diaz is one of the best. Bendo-Pettis 1 also had some nice scrambles.

It’s ooooold- so not sure how good it is in retrospect cuz I saw it in person and not after on tape, but Bushiso: Azaredo vs Fermino? I remember thinking that was insane grappling and just all around chaos.
But I thought Gregor was a bust when he got up at the end of round one. I figured that was it- he was probably on his way out of the UFC with this loss. And he was getting tagged on the feet. Which kinda speaks to him not reaching the top, but he definitely showed heart and grit to come back from that drubbing in round one.

Dariush beat a better version of CDF more dominantly.

Pettis and Khabilov were also far past their primes when they fought CDF.

Sure Pettis is at the back end but Khabilov?

The narrative now is that a 34 year old fighter with a 24-4 record who has gone 7-1 in his last 8, the only loss being a decision to Ferreira is now "far past his prime"...

Dude go talk nonsense on Reddit.

The way he got up and behaved at the end of round 1.... I thought its the end for GG

Had Gregor in a parlay that hadn't yet crumbled. Thought he was done heading into the 2nd as well. Super impressive comeback and fight all around.

Josh Barnett vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (first one - to this day it's the best ground battle I've ever seen)

Sure Pettis is at the back end but Khabilov?

The narrative now is that a 34 year old fighter with a 24-4 record who has gone 7-1 in his last 8, the only loss being a decision to Ferreira is now "far past his prime"...

Dude go talk nonsense on Reddit.
Dude in your AV is about to get starched by a FW for the 2nd time <Lmaoo>

Back