When Weidman loses, it's gonna be a KO.

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He is way to hittable. Anderson had him fading after one round, Machida tagged him later on in the fight, and Vitor right off the bat started beating on him. When Weidman gets hit good he shows it and it will be his downfall.

You just named the 3 best strikers in the division

Sounds about right. How long away that is, tho, is yet to be determined. Weidman eats solid shots in his victories, but as long as his chin doesnt fail him, he'll be fine

Machida didn't hurt Weidman. Anderson didn't hurt Weidman. Vitor definitely connected with Weidman, but he took him down and finished him showing that he wasn't necessarily hurt. Not saying he shouldn't improve, as Rockhold and Jacare are great tests, but your backup is faulty as fuck.

His striking is definitely not on Vitors level. But Vitor is also the best striker in the divison.

Anderson got dominated in the striking department over the 2 fights by weidman.

You mean if someone gets hurt, they may lose?

Holy shit. That's some amazing info.

and lol at Anderson having him fading.

Machida didn't hurt Weidman. Anderson didn't hurt Weidman. Vitor definitely connected with Weidman, but he took him down and finished him showing that he wasn't necessarily hurt. Not saying he shouldn't improve, as Rockhold and Jacare are great tests, but your backup is faulty as fuck.

Vitor definitely would have murdered him had it not gone to the ground. They might not have had him hurt, but he gets hit. Machida was too slow to start and got better as the fight and on. Vitor connected big multiple times within a minute and definitely had Weidman's attention.

He will be fine as long as he stays at 185. I think he might lose some fights at 205.

He is way to hittable. Anderson had him fading after one round, Machida tagged him later on in the fight, and Vitor right off the bat started beating on him. When Weidman gets hit good he shows it and it will be his downfall.

How delusional can you be. Please show me anywhere where Anderson even landed a solid shot on Chris. Also i like how you said Machida tagged him in the one round of the fight, but Chris was dominating Machida standing before then, and then even in the 5th.

Well... his wrestling is his best weapon, so difficult being decisioned in the ground.

Still he can be defeated using Jiu Jitsu I think, or being out pointed in the feet against a fighter with an extremely good TDD.

But of course, like almost every fighter in the world, being defeated by ko is a possibility

with the rates of submissions, and champs can usually win a decision, pretty much the only way champs lose is by way of KO, except Benson, I don't remember any other champs losing title by sub.

Vitor hung in there and actually defended a takedown or two with strong counter strikes. No way he could defend multiple takedown attempts from Weidman, and in the meantime before Weidman gets his takedown his chin is good.

And yet he beat them all. What is your point?

Chris Weidman eats punches like a monkey eats bananas. He eats them because they are delicious.

The only thing Vitor's flurry did was make Chris wand to end him then and there and he did exactly that.

How delusional can you be. Please show me anywhere where Anderson even landed a solid shot on Chris. Also i like how you said Machida tagged him in the one round of the fight, but Chris was dominating Machida standing before then, and then even in the 5th.

Yeah he did good against the best strikers, but when he gets hit you can tell it. Even the few shots Vitor landed you could tell he doesn't take shots the same way some of the best chins do. Something just looks different. He's good at evading some shots, but I think that once he finds himself in a fight where he takes shots over time and not just in bursts or a few one-twos, he'll have trouble. I just don't see him being champ much longer with guys like Rockhold and Jacare up next.

Back