• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When will the UFC give O'Malley a real fight?

He stood in front of him with his hands down. Not saying he isn't game, but he looked like shit otherwise.
It was definitely a good style matchup for O'Malley. He needs to fight a good wrestler for me to be completely sold.

He clearly has a lot of talent, but still has a lot to prove.

Gotta make sure he's clean before putting some real shine on him. UFC found out the hard way with Jones.

Yadong Song, Jimmie Rivera or Rob Font next for O'Malley. If he passes that test, give him a big name/fight.

I'd like to see him against Stamann. A wrestler who can pressure and has some legit movement and striking himself. I feel like that would be a good test.

what's the rush he's 25 years old. You want another Sage Northcutt?
13691488-0-image-a-7_1558293404769.jpg
When are you ready to step like what’s the magic number? Is it yur 5th fight? Yur 7th fight? Yur 10th fight? if you still need can crushing experience when yur getting well into yur double digit amount of fights then that’s probably a bad sign.

Wineland was a real fight. Former title contender, in the top 10 for most of his UFC fights.
dood was phony misranked just to justify his gift interim title shot against barao. Eddie has been a sub .500 fighter his entire ufc career with zero top wins. He had a losing ufc record going into the O’Malley fight. His ufc career has been pretty much garbage. BW during the time where he got the interim shot was at a time where saying u were top 10 BW was like saying yur a top 10 women’s featherweight of today... the ranked 5-10 are complete cans

Last edited:
When are you ready to step like what’s the magic number? Is it yur 5th fight? Yur 7th fight? Yur 10th fight? if you still need can crushing experience when yur getting well into yur double digit amount of fights then that’s probably a bad sign.

dood was phony misranked just to justify his gift interim title shot against barao. Eddie has been a sub .500 fighter his entire ufc career with zero top wins. He had a losing record going into the O’Malley fight. His ufc career has been pretty much garbage. BW during the time where he got the interim shot was at a time where saying u were top 10 BW was like saying yur a top 10 women’s featherweight oh today... the ranked 5-10 are complete cans
"When are you ready to step (up?) like what's the magic number?"
I don't think there is a magic number. He looks like he's ready for a little step up. I would just want to give him another favorable matchup or two but if he wins then it's time to throw him to the big boys and see. His ranking is making it harder for him to have "cupcake" matchups. It might be hard but not impossible look at Conor. Conor fought Cowboy so it's not impossible to find very easy fights against guys with very high rankings.

I couldnt stop thinking about "Roccos Martin Life" last night. Is that the dog from Doug? Lol
Yeah it's Spunky. Great cartoon. He's like a derpy version of the Sherdog dog. And the way he just laps up and drools out his saliva is like the content on this forum. That GIF works on a few levels.

Give him another washed out fighter, just to build him up.

He's going to have to go up a class and fight Yair.

We need to know soon who the best flamboyant striker his in this gen.

I'd like to see him against Stamann. A wrestler who can pressure and has some legit movement and striking himself. I feel like that would be a good test.

I don't think the UFC will be very interested in giving him such a stiff test.

They're scouting for the biggest (relative) name & best stylistic matchup to further build the kid

It seems like some ppl just like to trash ppl on the internet. He’s young and hasn’t had many fights. This particular one was a good step up, which he passed with flying colors.

o’malley will likely fight someone in the top 15/lower top 10, and if he wins easily again, you same morons will be complaining that he didn’t fight a perennial top 5 fighter lol

I love how when the UFC takes its time building a quality prospect, the same people who complain about guys getting pushed too quickly are up in arms
I'm perfectly fine with them doing that, but the dude needs to STFU.

The reason a lot of us want to see him get pushed up to better competition is because they UFC is marketing him like he's a big dog, and Omalley is talking shit and acting like he's KOing top contenders left and right.

If you're going to act like he's the next best thing, then we don't want to see him crush cans. We want to see him tested. If he wants to slowly build his career, then he should shut his mouth about being so damn good and let his performances do the talking.

Once you open your mouth like you're a superstar, then you should be ready to fight top contenders to back it up.

Wineland is an experienced vet no doubt but he's been a very beatable journeymen for the past 10 years.

Back