Where did this narrative of Dj not being a bigger star due to ufcs failure to properly promote begin

I like MM & look forward to his fights, but people don't understand what a fight promoter does.
They ... PROMOTE THE FIGHT
it is not UFC or BFC's job to handle 500+ fighters brand & run their social media, etc.
It is 2017, a fighter knows his brand is himself.
Every athlete knows that.
The last MM on Fox card there were a shitload of commercials for that fight that focused on Mighty Mouse being the P4P best in UFC. They aired everywhere & the show bombed.
What more are UFC or other places like BFC supposed to do? Run his Twitter for him? Find him a celeb starlet to date?
Do people think Jordan, Jeter, Brady, etc. did not go out of their way to build their brand? Of course they did. Jeter never said "Its George job to promote MY BRAND & that is it!"

That said, I don't think MM is interesting to the masses for whatever reason. His heavily promoted FREE fights bomb.
It is a shame, but anybody that thinks UFC/Fox did not try is clueless.

The reason why DJ will never be a star is because of his personality and the fact that he is 5'3". Sad but true. Feel sorry for DJ because both of these things are largely out of his control.

Sadly I agree
He just does not have IT (whatever that is to casuals)

Please, just stop.
You are too stupid to understand what you are talking about.
You are (probably) repeating what you heard someone else say, because ti makes no sense.

Fight of the night bonus is not a statistic. it is a bonus fighters receive when they are part of the most exciting fights of that night (hence the name).

But you are slow, so let me explain to you in simple terms:
UFC is a PROMOTION.
Do you understand what a PROMOTION should do??? (hint: it is to PROMOTE).
DJ is a FIGHTER
Do you understand what a FIGHTER should do??? (hint: it is to FIGHT).

Yes, some fighters can promote themselves, and this is a bonus.
But the PROMOTION is (or should be) the one PROMOTING the FIGHTER. Does this notion even compute in your (probably damaged) brain???

The bottom line is simple: UFC sucks as a promotion, and if they can only promote guys that can self-promote, that means they are not a good promotion...
You are very rude for someone that makes such dumb posts.

Not sure why the MM micro-nut huggers are so bothered by the fact that the general body of fight fans don't want to pay to watch a borderline midget fight. It's simply reality.

Also, how many of the MM fans have MM merch? Very few? None?

So out of all the fighters I named, Wilson Reis is the only one that you would actually call poor, correct? That doesn't sound too bad to me. That leaves us with Elliot, Borg, McCall, Moraga, and Cariaso. What are your thoughts on them?
Out of the fighters you named, I also think Bagautinov was not good enough for a title shot. Same goes for Elliot, Borg, Mo raga, and Carioso. They don't suck, but I see a big gap between the top of the division and those guys.

Basically I'd say Benavidez, Cejudo, and Dodson were Johnson's impressive wins.

Lol worst numbers in the sport = he's exciting? Lol If he was exciting we wouldn't be having this conversation. Worst ppv and worst numbers in the fucking sport and it's not close. But you keep the faith LOL
again, it seems you are just too dumb.
numbers don't mean a thing. This is not Boxing.
People pay to see the overall card.
If they put you on a terrible card, your numbers will be low.
If they put you on a great card, numbers will be better.

the overall strength of the card matters.

BTW, thank you for exposing yourself.
Talking only about the numbers shows you don't watch his fights (past your bedtime?).
Because if you did, you'd know the reason he gets fight of the night bonus.

You are very rude for someone that makes such dumb posts.
awww
and you are very brave for posting when you have no point to counter.
Then again, stupid people invariably try hard... and fail miserably!

I'd like to see the UFC make him co-main big events. Demetrious would be a great co-main to a McGregor or GSP fight.

Has he got his belts yet?
I believe so , there was a picture a while back with him and all of his belts around him .
I will see if I can find it .
682412642.jpg

Why does every single stream on the planet suddenly stop working for Conor's fights?

And besides, that doesn't really matter. If his fights don't generate money, his value goes down. The cause doesn't really matter. We aren't talking about popularity. We are talking about economic productivity.

People really need to get out of the idea of a just-universe. Mighty Mouse is arguably the best P4P fighter in the game today, and arguably a top 5-6ish fighter in MMA history. That has *no* bearing on these topics.
Again, I disagree. I don't think his value goes down. I think the UFC just needs to find a new/different/unique way cash in on him.

Didn't read, just skimmed. If you didn't enjoy his performances against Elliot, Borg, and Reis, then maybe MMA isn't for you. Try WWE instead. The crowd chanted 'Mighty Mouse' for the first time in history at UFC 216. He's becoming a star.
Don't pull this "MMA isn't for you " sh*t

Demetrious Johnson fights in a division where the average size male is not that size proving that it's a smaller pool of talent. You can drink the Kool-Aid and believe in this pound for pound bullsh*t but people are entitled to their opinions and if they don't agree with little tiny men fighting that are the size of eighth graders that doesn't necessarily mean that they're not MMA fans.

PS some people are fans of sports like baseball where they would prefer watching the major leagues as opposed to the Little League's. That doesn't necessarily make them not real baseball fans

Don't pull this "MMA isn't for you " sh*t

Demetrious Johnson fights in a division where the average size male is not that size proving that it's a smaller pool of talent. You can drink the Kool-Aid and believe in this pound for pound bullsh*t but people are entitled to their opinions and if they don't agree with little tiny men fighting that are the size of eighth graders that doesn't necessarily mean that they're not MMA fans.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to inform you that your opinion means jackshit.

MM is suffering from success (shouts to DJ Khaled).

MM is like the guy out of the group that got really good at video games like street fighter. So much so that none of the friends play with him anymore because it's no longer fun losing to him over and over. It's easy to shit on their talent when the skill gap is that large.

Every casual fan i know knows MM and says he's fucking amazing. He's not a star like Conor but he certainly is known even by mma casuals

Out of the fighters you named, I also think Bagautinov was not good enough for a title shot. Same goes for Elliot, Borg, Mo raga, and Carioso. They don't suck, but I see a big gap between the top of the division and those guys.

Basically I'd say Benavidez, Cejudo, and Dodson were Johnson's impressive wins.

Tim Elliot had to go through a guantlet of Flyweight champions in order to get his shot. He was just as deserving of the titleshot as Matt Serra and Travis Lutter. Those fighters are no better or worse than Thales Leites, James Irvin, Chris Leben, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, or Stephan Bonnar.

Back