• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where do you Rank Conor McGregor in the Greatest Fighters of All Time list?

Not even top 10, he's the most influential fighter IMO

He could have been Top 15, maybe top 10 if he didn't take years off his prime. But he stayed stagnant and paid the price for it.

+ Old Conor was witty and smart with his trash talk, new Conor comes across as an alcoholic scumbag who thinks he's gods gift to earth

Fame really got to him

Being “the first to” should not be a criteria. Why don’t you have the fat guy who got his teeth projectiled across the cage out on the list because he was in “the first ufc fight ever?”… or his opponent cause he has the first ufc win ever?

Last edited:
His run is too short for me to place him within the top 10. Essentially 10 fights including the losses to Diaz and Khabib. I won't count the Cerrone win due to where Cerrone was at that point in his career, just like I won't hold the losses to Poirier against him.

And I really wish people would stop claiming Conor is the first double champ. Henderson held 2 belts in Pride

Not even in the top 10. Really I think of it in terms of tiers and I'd rank Conor squarely in tier 3. Here's an example of the tiers I'd list.

Top tier: GSP, Aldo, Fedor, Jones, Silva
Tier 2: DC, MM, Cruz, Hughes, Penn, Khabib, Max
Tier 3: Conor, RDA, Faber, TJ, Hendo, Weidman
Tier 4: Forest, Serra, Rockhold, Garbrandt, Bisping

That's not to downplay what he did to be clear, I'm ranking him alongside the likes of Hendo and TJ and above the likes of Bisping, Rochold, and Serra so I do think he accomplished a lot.

really downplaying the careers of Griffin, Bisping, and Rockhold here.

If I weren't tired I would complain about your tier system from 2 down

I am still one of his true fans but his potential greatness unfortunately was bigger than his actual achievements. He did a lot but if didnt chase big paydays asap he would have done even more.
Id rank him skillwise among the very best. I called his rise to the top and made money betting him but Id say he currently sits somewhere top 50-100.

Can you name the 9 fighters who you think are ahead of him any or all of them?

Well, he wins money, fame, and popularity.

But I'd have him somewhere 25-30 all said and done.

Also mod, please for the love of god, just make a fuckin Conor sub-forum somewhere to move this shit. Literally 2020 and 2021 accounts posting all day every day about how great this guy "was" and fucking endless trolls.

Last edited:
Conor had two belts and many great fights/wins at 145. Unfortunately he never defended either belts nor earned contender status at 155. If he had stayed at 145 he could've been unanimously considered the greatest 145 champion.

If I made a list he would be near the bottom. Maybe one notch or two above one hit wonder champions.

Even if you rank him highly he wouldn't be anywhere near fighters like Jones , GSP, Silva , Fedor

I guess the best way to put it is that he accomplished a lot while also accomplishing so little

Last edited:
ehhhhhh. really stretching the definition of goat there
Alvarez's career includes beating two different champs from Dream who were considered two of the top non-UFC lightweights at the time in Aoki and Hansen. A SHOOTO champ in Kawajiri, Bellator champ Chandler, WSOF champ Gaethje, Strikeforce champ Melendez, WEC & UFC Pettis, and UFC champ RDA. Those are not run-of-the-mill indie promotions either, not too many can claim a comparable resume.

Not even top 30. His biggest win is a fluke one against Aldo. He lost all the other fights against big names.

I always start to laugh when 'analysts' say:
'the fight against Alvarez was the best performance ever in the UFC'.<Lmaoo>

A fighter Alvarez who didn't even move and had no gameplan.

So far out of the running its pointless to even rank. It's like asking where you rank Brock Lesnar on a P4P GOAT list ... like theoretically both Conor and Brock will be somewhere on the list, but who gives a fuck? Nowhere near the top.

Can you name the 9 fighters who you think are ahead of him any or all of them?
Fedor
GSP
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Jon Jones
Henry Cejudo
Khabib
Mighty Mouse
Cormier
BJ Penn
Usman

Conor McGregor wasted his prime and now is completely irrelevant as far as UFC divisions and top dogs go. Soom he’ll fallout of the money fight category as well. Being on top is not only about staying undefeated and having a good few year run. Look at how long Dan Henderson stayed relevant for example.

Back