• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Where has our likes gone?

Get rid of likes?

• Yes, their time has passed

• No, it's what I live for

Results are only viewable after voting.
Record numbers of sherdoggers are being talked down from ledges after reeling from the impact of the great like depression of 2020.

If their IT people are too incompetent and/or the owners are too cheap to employ a decent staff and servers that can deal with "likes" then they should resign or sell the board to someone who is better equipped to run it. Fuck this.

iu

Did you get mesmerized by her arm pit hair? Not sure it's visible in the video as I'm not watching to find out, but I remember that being a story back then...

Dunno, but that song cracks me up.

<DCrying>

wtf i lost all the likessssssss
damnnnn
all the postssss ;((( sad

I've never really got the idea of "internet points" likes etc. I know it's supposed to be addictive and make you want to post more, release the dopamine rush, proof of social acceptance etc, etc but it's so easy to game, what's the point?

I don't understand though. So, I've never done databases, but I've done quite a bit of coding. I imagine that are "metadata" here has our handle with location, etc... and posts and likes which change dynamically and are updated by a counter. When we post, the post counter goes up by one and when we get a like our like counter goes up by one. Then they automatically trigger a notification.

So, how is a like any different than a post? And, how would this possibly mess up a database? Why don't posts do the same? How does resetting it help? Doesn't it just barely do anything except trigger notifications and increase the like count by one?

Anyone who codes databases want to explain this?
I tried to explain something in the support forum
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/forum-optimization.4111069/

Back