Where to buy a cheap, big-ass tire

Andy Rickert

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
One thing Iv been meaning to get into while home is tire flippen and hammeren, but I just dont know where to find a cheap tire that is big enough. I know a junk yard is an option but I just wanna know where some of your grabbed yours and how much they cost ya?

There's usually a "crazy old man who lives in a tire" in every town. Find out who it is and steal his. They always seem to find a new one anyhow!

Call up big construction companies that are near you and ask them if they have any large damaged tires. They will be happy to give you it for free because it costs hundreds of dollars to throw away a damaged tire. Just go down there and find one that is the right size for you. There are also numbers on it (something like R25 R21) and then you can go on google and search for those numbers and you should be able to find a rough estimate of how much it weighs.

Sometimes old car shops have them. My friend said that he picked one up in Dallas at some Firestone, tire shop or whatever they are.

I don't know much about cars/tractors.

We picked ours up from a tractor store, had a bunch just lying around, also check for manufacturers or retreaders in your area, i found a company near me by shear luck that handles everyting from tractor tires to quarry dumptruck tires (saw a truck on the hwy, and searched the company name)

I got one from the auto maintenance guy that always rapes me for shit I don't know how to do. I guess he figured that he can take 5 minutes out of his day of prancing around with my money to give me a free tire. :)

Find places that service tractors and buses, they have to pay people to take these tyres away so you coming up and offering to haul them away for free is a win-win.

Generally places that sell tractor and large truck tires will be happy to give you a trash tire. Tires have to be specially disposed of and it cost more than normal trash, which is why you are charged a disposal fee when you get new car tires. You can also go to a junk yard as they will be exclusive made for the disposal of tires or have a section just for tires. Anyways people are usually happy to give them away instead of disposing of them properly since it is more profitable.

I got my tire for free, I went over to this tire center place that had a bunch of tires on the side and I asked them can I get one and they seem happy cause they pay a company to go down there and pick them up and it's a good tire 300lbs almost 6ft

Maybe ANOTHER person can repeat the same thing that I already said early in the thread ;)

I was thinking of getting one. I read on the internet somewhere that the best place was to go to a tractor or truck service shop would be a good place because they'd otherwise have to pay someone to dispose of it for them.

I was thinking of getting one. I read on the internet somewhere that the best place was to go to a tractor or truck service shop would be a good place because they'd otherwise have to pay someone to dispose of it for them.

thanks!

Damnit C.Beeby! If Wilhelm says it's a frisbee, then that's what it is!

Drive around in the countryside. You'll see one eventually. Ask the farmer who owns it if you can take it off his hands. Again, they will usually be happy to get rid of them to make room for more cars on concrete blocks.

Maybe ANOTHER person can repeat the same thing that I already said early in the thread ;)

Call up big construction companies that are near you and ask them if they have any large damaged tires. They will be happy to give you it for free because it costs hundreds of dollars to throw away a damaged tire. Just go down there and find one that is the right size for you. There are also numbers on it (something like R25 R21) and then you can go on google and search for those numbers and you should be able to find a rough estimate of how much it weighs.

you know...these other guys really dont know what they are talking about.

what you should really do is call up construction companys to see if they have any large damaged tires because it costs money for them to have them hauled.

Back