Where would you/where to train full time?

No...just no.
no what? (Long post, not sure what your disagreeing with). I've never trained there but I've heard nothing but good things about keiser and mezger (two humble guys with tons of experience).

To put it politely he doesn't roll with students, doesn't compete, and is somewhat of a joke in the local tourney scene

Depends on each individual. Essentially the formula has been live with parents or family member in NY. Find a cheap apartment in like Queens/BK/Long Island. Find a job that allows you to train full-time train full-time become a beast than eventually work for the academy. It's not like you have to be invited to train fulltime. For example one guy is training fulltime saved up money from his corporate job and is working odd jobs to train fulltime. Another guy started a BJJ Brand to sustain himself

What does it mean to train fulltime ? is it to train at every available session that your gym offers ?

I have always found it to be somewhat unclear as to what fulltime training referred to. For example if gym A offers 20 hrs of class per week and I attend all of them vs gym B which offers 12 hrs per week and I attend all of them I am still taking up all the available hours on offer ,it's just the hours offered differ.

when do cross the line from part time to full time ?

What does it mean to train fulltime ? is it to train at every available session that your gym offers ?

I have always found it to be somewhat unclear as to what fulltime training referred to. For example if gym A offers 20 hrs of class per week and I attend all of them vs gym B which offers 12 hrs per week and I attend all of them I am still taking up all the available hours on offer ,it's just the hours offered differ.

Full time means 5x a week with two-a-days in there.

Full time is essentially at our school is training both mg classes and anything else. So it works out to be roughly 20 hours a week and the training def takes a toll.

I wouldn't wanna go all-in on BJJ competition, but if I did, I'd go to one out of three places: Marcelo Garcia or Renzo Gracie NYC to keep it local, or Atos.

However, I'd rather die than pay rent to live in New York, and I'm starting to grow sick of cold weather. So probably Atos.

hey Guys im moving to San Diego, would you guys say Atos is better than University of Jiu jitsu? Im more into competitions and Saulo is one of my all time favorite bjj fighters. Andre Galvao is also a living legend, and the number of talent in that gym is crazy. Jt Torres, Keenan, Michael Liera. Having a hard time deciding.

Me personally, IMO, I would take the Saulo and Xande over worm guard any day of the week. With that being said tho Andre Galvao is awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back