Which 240lbs+ fighters have gone down in weight class?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Reading that Justin Ledet is going down from 244 to 205 got me thinking, most of the HW's that went down are smaller, like in the 220-230's range, for example:

Rumble 230lbs (against Arlovski),
Cormier 224lbs (against Nelson),
and Couture was only 220lbs (against Lesnar).

It's quite the drop and i can't recall having seen it before, can you think of some?

cc_miocic3323223322332.jpg

Cro Cop claiming that: the heavyweights are the most prestigious and that it is a "royal" weight class. (source: @Vojislav)

NI52cim.gif

Last edited:
Nate Diaz was 300lbs+ and cut down to 170 to fight Conor.

CwNK70OUEAAndeo.jpg

Anthony imma destroy my body for some reason Johnson

Maybe Vera. I think he was around 230 for this HW fights

Overeem didn't go down but went up probably the most impressive amount

alistair-overeem-evolution.jpg

Weren't Tito and Forrest around 240?

Weren't Tito and Forrest around 240?
I have heard Forrest and Rampage would sometimes balloon up to 240 to 250 in between fights.

Travis Wiuff used to cut a lot of weight to make 205 as well.

DC once weighed 247 in Strikeforce.

I have heard Forrest and Rampage would sometimes balloon up to 240 to 250 in between fights.

Travis Wiuff used to cut a lot of weight to make 205 as well.

DC once weighed 247 in Strikeforce.
Yeah Forrest I know for sure is like 240 ish

Most HWs that go down don't have a lot of muscle and are flabby. Mark Hunt dropping to LHW wouldn't be crazy to me.

Truck Gordon was ~300lbs as a football player. He started his mma career fighting at Heavyweight although I do not know what his actual weight was at that time. He is now fighting at 170.

Joey Beltran has fought from Middleweight all the way up to Heavyweight in just the last 3 years....

I know he is not a top guy or anything... But he has been around forever and his physical changes and the speed they come is just weird.

Most of the LHW during the golden age of the LHW division all weighed over 230

Bsically the ones that were somewhat overweight at HW like DC did, Fedor would had too imo.

Last edited:
Back