Which boxer from the Past or Present would transition into MMA the best?

Tyson. Short hw low center of gravity but power to ko a horse. I think he coulda got that tdd up to far then his combos would take over.

imagine a prime Tyson cutting to 185, with a great sprawl and clinch game.

good fucking luck dealing with that.

First guy that came to mind, given his athleticism, I would fear teaching him wrestling and bjj top game. Imagine the carnage of his GnP.<CerseiPlotting>

" Because he pissed hot for clenbuterol at levels which strongly suggest that meat contamination was the culprit. There is precedent across sport for athletes to be found not at fault for testing positive for clenbuterol at very low levels if it can be plausibly shown that it was caused by meat contamination (it is common for clenbuterol to be given to live stock in certain countries, namely Mexico).

There is precedent in the UFC for USADA finding fighters to be not at fault when they pissed hot for clenbuterol:

https://ufc.usada.org/brandon-moreno-accepts-finding-no-fault/

This doesn't mean that this whole situation isn't problematic. It suggests, at best, that Canelo's team is unprofessional, but there is an ample amount of precedent for athletes with drastically less clout and money behind them more or less getting off after pissing hot for clenbuterol in very low amounts (which it has been confirmed that Canelo's tests showed). "

at least his story is much better than jones
" Because he pissed hot for clenbuterol at levels which strongly suggest that meat contamination was the culprit. There is precedent across sport for athletes to be found not at fault for testing positive for clenbuterol at very low levels if it can be plausibly shown that it was caused by meat contamination (it is common for clenbuterol to be given to live stock in certain countries, namely Mexico).

There is precedent in the UFC for USADA finding fighters to be not at fault when they pissed hot for clenbuterol:

https://ufc.usada.org/brandon-moreno-accepts-finding-no-fault/

This doesn't mean that this whole situation isn't problematic. It suggests, at best, that Canelo's team is unprofessional, but there is an ample amount of precedent for athletes with drastically less clout and money behind them more or less getting off after pissing hot for clenbuterol in very low amounts (which it has been confirmed that Canelo's tests showed). "

at least his story is much better than jones
From the Angulo fight and nowDXjs8E0WAAAF3Mp.jpeg

What’s with the obsession of boxer in mma. It’s completely different sports and unrealistic to think you could predict how they would have done.

imagine a prime Tyson cutting to 185, with a great sprawl and clinch game.

good fucking luck dealing with that.

I think 185 is unrealistic, he weighed more than that when he was 15.

205 is realistic though, not much weight to cut at all, he wouldn't be hampered - and a prime Tyson at 205 with solid TDD, clinches, and elbows, my god.

Tyson

Foreman

Chavez (Julio Sr.)

Manny (he started off as a kickboxer)

First guy that came to mind, given his athleticism, I would fear teaching him wrestling and bjj top game. Imagine the carnage of his GnP.<CerseiPlotting>

ferocious af - prob like Fedor vs. Big Nog lol

and imagine a pre-fight staredown between Tyson and Wand :eek:

Julian Jackson with TDD he wouldve been king at 155 or 170 especially with the smaller gloves. Pacman would interesting i can see him being a southpaw Frankie Edgar type with way more power.

ferocious af - prob like Fedor vs. Big Nog lol

and imagine a pre-fight staredown between Tyson and Wand :eek:

Wand would piss himself, and I would completely understand and support him with my shoulder to cry on.

There are scary dudes, and then there are psychos.

always though some one like Arturo Gatti would of done well in mma

205 is realistic though, not much weight to cut at all, he wouldn't be hampered - and a prime Tyson at 205 with solid TDD, clinches, and elbows, my god.

LHW works, but is MW really that unrealistic?

Tyson was coming in at 220 or less for many matches, where he is presumably not cutting weight...so, with the right regimen, he prob could make MW without much problem.

Paulie Malignaggi according to Phil Baroni he wrestled in 8th grade

Julian Jackson with TDD he wouldve been king at 155 or 170 especially with the smaller gloves. Pacman would interesting i can see him being a southpaw Frankie Edgar type with way more power.

That's a downright insult to Pacman :D Frankie was awesome in his own way, but essentially just a really solid all rounder.

Pacquiao is a different beast entirely, his success based largely around being a phenomenal athlete, with a downright crazy combination of speed, power, agility, workrate and stamina.

Pacquiao is so exceptional physically that you could not discount his chances in MMA, the main problem with Pacquiao is he's such a pure boxer. He has no infighting at all, none, let alone clinching/wrestling. He's a pure mid range boxer.

For all Floyd's rep as a pure boxer, Pacquiao is actually the cleaner/purer boxer of the two. Floyd is excellent at clinches, and is pretty dirty too, elbows and forearms to the throat.

It is unrealistic, but at 205 he would have to face Jones...I don't like where that would go.

It would eventually lead to Jones poking Tyson, and Tyson becoming homicidal and biting Jones' fingers off in a rage.

Back