Which boxers in history you will favor over current Fury?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
candidates: prime Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Frazier, Norton, Bowe, Valuev, M. Spinks, Lyle, Holmes, Vlad, Vitaly?

Lewis is the obvious one imo.

I think prime Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Frazier, Norton, Bowe, Holmes, Vlad, and Vitaly should all be favored.

I think prime Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Frazier, Norton, Bowe, Holmes, Vlad, and Vitaly should all be favored.
Who’s vlad? If ur gonna wear nostalgia goggles make sure their prescription.

Norton aint doing shit to fury, his best accomplishment is a loss to Ali everyone is bitter out. Overrated.

Who’s vlad? If ur gonna wear nostalgia goggles make sure their prescription.

Norton aint doing shit to fury, his best accomplishment is a loss to Ali everyone is bitter out. Overrated.
Norton beat Ali, I guess you forgot about that, all knowing one. If he's able to beat Ali, lose a split decision to him, and go the distance with him in a trilogy, I feel comfortable thinking he might be able to hang with Fury. He also looked pretty damn good in a close fight with Larry Holmes as well.
Vlad ? That would be Klitschko, the guy Fury beat in a low output shitty fight when Klits was 39 years old. The OP asked about fighters in their primes and I think a prime Klits could take Fury. Oh we'll call Vlad WLADIMIR you okay now ?

Last edited:
Currently not many, but historically? Many.
Lewis, Tyson, Foreman, Ali, Bowe, Holyfield- I'd pick all of those guys over Fury.

Lewis is the obvious one imo.

You do realize that Wald and Lewis were nearly identical fighters. Fury didn't struggle with Wald at all.

Fury is a very bad matchup for Lewis, I don't think it would be a difficult fight for Fury.

You do realize that Wald and Lewis were nearly identical fighters. Fury didn't struggle with Wald at all.

Fury is a very bad matchup for Lewis, I don't think it would be a difficult fight for Fury.
I think I hold Lewis in a lot higher regard than you do lol

<{walkerwhut}>
I guess both guys are tall and have a good jab. Thats about it.

{<jordan}
So Fury beats Wilder, a guy most of the boxing world is making fun of, and he's now going to run over one of the best HWs in history? Holy bandwagon, Batman.

Tommy The Duke Morrison would ruin Fury

Lewis, Tyson, Foreman, Ali, Bowe, Holyfield- I'd pick all of those guys over Fury.
He could frustrate Tyson with his Size and inside game, lesser fighters have gone the distance with prime Tyson.
Bowe is one of the very few big guys who has a better inside game than Fury, but he wasn't that mobile and struggled with good jabbers.
Ali only has 2 things going against him, he wasn't a body puncher and he lacks the power to punish Fury if he tries to bully him on the inside.
Norton could give him one hell of a fight, he got stopped by big punchers, but was always at his best against great technical boxers.
Vitali outpoints him with his volume and by always going forward and I think Wladimir in his prime could stop him, maybe the young and reckless Wlad who stopped Mercer and Schulz does even better than the prime version.

He is a tough matchup for anyone. People like Lewis, just like Wlad, are/were used to being the bigger man and being able to jab down, controlling the distance

I think people underestimate how much Fury being as big as he is, while still being very well coordinated and agile, throws fighters off their game plan.

Fury also tends to fight to the level of his opponent.

I would still pick the GOATs over him, as he still needs a deeper resume. But he is a tough outing for anyone.

It’s a shame we don’t have decent hws today to make a healthier prediction on how he would have faired.

I think Mike would get inside on him eventually and stop him, but Lewis is still a tougher fight for Fury than Mike Tyson imo

candidates: prime Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Frazier, Norton, Bowe, Valuev, M. Spinks, Lyle, Holmes, Vlad, Vitaly?

I'd give the bolded fighters at least a 50/50 shot at beating Fury, and the underlined fighter a 30%-40% shot. Lewis, Holmes, and Vitali would be the toughest matchups.

He is a tough matchup for anyone. People like Lewis, just like Wlad, are/were used to being the bigger man and being able to jab down, controlling the distance

I think people underestimate how much Fury being as big as he is, while still being very well coordinated and agile, throws fighters off their game plan.

Fury also tends to fight to the level of his opponent.

I would still pick the GOATs over him, as he still needs a deeper resume. But he is a tough outing for anyone.
Lewis fought and beat the bigger man multiple times in his career.

it's a weak era and fury is a standout in it, but I don't think he does well in the all time tournament.

You know what, when Fury was starting out I didnt rate him. Right up until the 2nd fight with Chisora. Nobody stops DelBoy on his feet. He raises his game to supreme levels, when in a threatening fight. He's a real maverick and its tough when pitting him against the greats. I'd go with those but with little conviction. I'd only bet the house on Tyson and Ali because they were special.

Fury works anyone with holes in his game. A strong, well-rounded guy with leg/handspeed and/or decent pop can get to him. He doesn’t beat the likes of prime Ali, Lewis, Bowe, Foreman or Holmes IMO. Tyson is a question mark. Fury’s straight punching, size and wrestling skills make it interesting. Prime Klitschkos are fun fights too.

Back