Which Champion was the least skilled.

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Which champ showed the biggest holes in his or her skill set. Who was someone who seemed like he’d most likely lose the belt on the very first defense of the title? For example I knew that Esparza would get smashed by weili or that tiny Brazilian juggernaut girl.

Fighters like Khabib and Anderson are one in a million. They were too dominant.

I hate to say this cause he is my favorite current fighter, but Jiri. He is very good but he likes to take damage. I hope he can improve his defence and reign longer
He's fun to watch but lacks proper technique and just the basics imo (very unorthodox). It's gonna be interesting to see how long he can get by with his style of fighting. I can see him getting knocked out cold sooner than not.

Last edited:
Tim Sylvia comes to mind. But realistically, a lot of fighters fit the bill. Robbie Lawler, imo, looked very beatable during his reign. Stipe would get hurt in every single fight so it wasn't at all surprising when DC knocked him out. Oliveira, same thing. I don't think getting dropped or wobbled every time you fight is a testament to how great your recovery is or how much of a warrior you are, like the announcers seem to. To me, it just means that you have big holes in your game that are there to be exploited. Can't recover every single time - eventually you'll go out.

He's fun to watch but lacks proper technique, and just the basics imo (very unorthodox). It's gonna be interesting to see how long he can get by with his style of fighting. I can see him getting knocked out cold I'm afraid.

He's at his apex I think...look at his fights in Rizin. He was bad enough to be KOd by.King Mo. Improved and came back and avenged the losee. This IS the improvement.

Tim Sylvia comes to mind. But realistically, a lot of fighters fit the bill. Robbie Lawler, imo, looked very beatable during his reign. Stipe would get hurt in every single fight so it wasn't at all surprising when DC knocked him out. Oliveira, same thing. I don't think getting dropped or wobbled every time you fight is a testament to how great your recovery is or how much of a warrior you are, like the announcers seem to. To me, it just means that you have big holes in your game that are there to be exploited. Can't recover every single time - eventually you'll go out.

Coming back from adversity is a mark of a great fighter. Not everyone can do that and most crumble from adversity which Oliviera used to do. Overeem and as skilled as he was he never could come back after getting hurt.

Back