Which decade has the best "High School" movies?

I never really saw any of the 80s high school movies but stuff from the superbad era is peak for me.

These types of thread usually reveals more about the poster's age than anything else.

Dazed and Confused is the goat, would need a comprehensive list of other 90s flicks to really judge. Can't Hardly Wait was cool, but the 80s was riddled with bangers for sure. Can't Buy me Love was always my favorite.

Which decade do you think has the best high school movies? I'm watching the Breakfast Club right now for the first time.

80s...no contest whatsoever.

breakfast-club-poster.jpg

MV5BYzBlZjE1MDctYjZmZC00ZTJmLWFkOWEtYjdmZDZkODBkZmI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

Ferris_Bueller%27s_Day_Off.jpg

MV5BNDA0MzgzOTUxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjYyMDc5._V1_.jpg

MV5BMjVhNDE4YmQtNzBlMy00YTdkLTkwNTEtZGRmMDVkMmYwYjA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
It has to be the 80s.

In the 90s they got gunshy about showing nudity from 23-year old actresses that were playing high school students.

But in the 80s...

Xy5qcGc

Zw

Those ten plus...

Teen Wolf
Better Off Dead
Three O'Clock High
The Heavenly Kid
Can't Buy Me Love
Stand and Deliver
Lean on Me
Back to the Future
Summer School
Vision Quest
My Bodyguard
etc.

Really the 80's had the advantage that high school films were not just cheap comedies and slashers, both of which have often produced a lot of not very good films whatever the decade because their aiming at a very undemanding audience.

The 00's I think you did have a bit of a revival of that as well but it didnt ever really become the default setting.

Last edited:
Back