Which Fallout game was better? New Vegas or 4?

???????

• Total voters
I think New Vegas was better for the time it came out but I'd much rather play 4 today. The combat is a lot more fun.

I had one game breaking bug in NV that made me rage big time. Couldn't level up my character attribute because the button for it was blacked out on the screen where you pick from the list, so I was stuck in that screen after every time I reloaded it and went to that level up screen.

My game save was corrupt so I couldn't fix it. I've heard of it happening to players at lower levels and they had to start over. Of course it happened to me when I hit level 30. I wasn't about to play through it again at that point.
So funny follow up to this.. I redownloaded this game about six months ago and the bug worked itself out. I had already finished the main story at that point so I played all the dlc.

It's still tough going backwards from FO4 to that game though.

4 has less bugs (only crashed once or twice in my entire 70+ hour playthrough) looks better and has smoother combat whereas New Vegas has infinitely better writing, gameplay depth and a deeper world to explore (With better DLC to boot)
I'd definitely pick New Vegas although i still like 4 more than most people.

Back