Media Which fighter made you a fan of MMA?

Shogun is the only correct answer :)
tsjmmcvn47991.gif

A picture of Conor [<diva2]
Anyone that became a fan because of that thug should be feathered and tarred <{Heymansnicker}>
I didn’t particularly become a fan of the sport by Conor himself, but me and I know a lot of guys my age started to watch MMA around the time McGregor had a lot of success.

He for sure attracted a lot of eyeballs to the sport and he helped to lift it to the international level it’s on right now

Jon Jones
In high school my friend was telling me about and showing me fights of Jon Jones before he was champion. I wasn't really an MMA fan at the time, but i did start to watch some of his fights, seeing him throw unorthodox strikes, spinning elbows, kicks, nice takedowns etc.
I slowly started to get more into the sport, and started buying old DVD's and read about the champions and stars of the sport.

Me and my friend were ecstatic when Jones became the champion.
And to think, more than a decade later, he is STILL champion and undefeated (apart from the DQ, few close fights etc)

He did disappoint me many times by doing stupid shit outside the Octagon, but without being introduced to Jones, I probably would of never cared or known much about MMA

My first favorite who mixed different arts was Bruce Lee, not only did he punch and kick, he also did some grappling moves on Samo Hung in Enter the Dragon.
This was in the 70s. Hmmm, He is not using regular Kung Fu like many other contemporaries, very interesting i thought.

I got hooked to MA in the 70s and 80s(mainly due to Bruce) and started mixing arts myself and started training Wing Tsun for handtechniques and Tae Kwon Do for kickingtechniques.

Then i got hooked on Muay Thai , Wushu and Xin Na lil later in the 80s

During the K-1 era my favorites were Crocop (damn, that guy could really kick!) and Andy Hug, honorable mention Glaube Freitosa with the Questionmark Kick

Then when UFC and Pancrase arrived to my attention in the 90s, my first fighters i became a fan of were actually the Shamrocks. Oh and Pat Smith demolishing "Ninja" Scott Morris face made me re-evaluate my training in Ninjutsu as well :D

How easily Frank Shamrock neutralized the aggressive Kevin Jackson, how Ken (and Bas Rutten) fought in Pancrase.

Then later on i became a fan of Sakuraba, Enson Inoue and Igor Vov in the late 90s.

In 99 i think Wanderlei arrived to the Pride-scene and i followed all his fights.

Too many to mention, but a good summary would be in this order, Bruce Lee, Samarth Pakartmoon, Andy Hug, Crocop, Glaube, The Shamrocks, Bas Rutten, Enson, Igor, Sakuraba, Wand

Back