which fighter or fight made you fall in love with mma

wasn’t kimbo on elitexc long before strikeforce? I loved kimbo fights as well.
That era bles in I don’t remember what was Elite XC and what was Strikeforce at this point. Personally that was the infancy of me becoming a huge fan and the time those leagues was active I found more enjoyable than the UFC alone

The Ultimate Fighter season 1 was the first time I had an in-depth look at the training methods and just how much work fighters had to put in. Also an old PRIDE highlight on YouTube that was just glorious

The Gracie Hunter. It was such a cool storyline.

Royce vs Sakuraba being 90 minutes to have Helio throw the towel. Nothing is more dramatic than that. Certainly not Moron McGregor Tweeting drunk or throwing dollies at buses.

lets hear it out
This thread comes around every once in a while, but I always love it. Good shit my dude.

The first TUF season turned me into a hardcore fan, so I was a TUF noob. OG sherdoggers will remember the wave of newbies who started watching then. Nowadays, it's like I'm a 1,000 years old for being a TUF noob. Life goes by fast.

Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz were two favorites when I first came around. I know they get a lot of shit now (a lot deservedly), but hey, they were fun to watch as a wrestler.

I watched MMA but Mirko got me hooked. “Wild boys!”

Loved the fighting aspect from the start.
But 1st fighter to make me love it was Tank Abbott.

Nick Diaz in Strikeforce throwing 20 punch combinations vs Cyborg I think it was.

I was really into boxing back then and thought MMA was mainly just dudes on the floor rolling around like homosexuals. This was an eye opener.

<209Bitch>

I have seen UFC 1. Didnt think it would ever happen again at the time it was universally criticized. But it was a fight between Don Frye vs Tank Abbott that made me a huge fan of Frye himself and how much of an all around better fighter he was, that made me really love MMA as a whole.

you telling me my memories now? LOL
I was more alluding to his demeanor than his fighting style. Regardless of what method he was employing at the time , he was still a stone faced killing machine.
I was watching it live back in the day
I’m not telling you your memories. You never said when you started watching. I was just pointing out that Fedor becoming a headhunter and swinging for the fences really only happened in the latter half of his career after Pride shut down.

I have seen UFC 1. Didnt think it would ever happen again at the time it was universally criticized. But it was a fight between Don Frye vs Tank Abbott that made me a huge fan of Frye himself and how much of an all around better fighter he was, that made me really love MMA as a whole.
images

Man UFC 1,2,3 are too Epic I watched this and expect the Strikers destroy the Grapplers but they smashed my boys.

We have the ilusion Srikers are the strongests because Movies.

bloodsport-van-damme.gif

But they are helpless in the ground.

k0Vajv.gif

It Hurt see my Heroes Karate Guys, Muay Thai Guys, Boxing Guys losing soo easily against Grapplers thank god Gracie Family show us the reality.

If you don't train Grappling you're nothing in MMA.

Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry. Helluva KO and the first PPV I ever bought.

Rampage vs Wand 1&2 in pride was the first mma I’d ever seen right when YouTube first became a thing. But other than that, BJ Penn was amazing to me and really got me into MMA

Back