Which first world country would you never go to? (Exclude Israel & Russia)

Besides Israel & Russia for obvious reasons.

For me I'd say Turkey, just no interest in going there.

View attachment 1038464

Of this list been already

Italy (born/live)
France
Greece
Spain
Netherlands
Austria
Germany
Switzerland
Belgium
Portugal

So decent chunk have been scored, of ones missing tbh would visit them all including Israel and Russia (would love visit St.Petersburg) with the right timing

Out of what's on the list?

Russia.

I'm sure that there is a lot of bollocks in the stereotype, but I just see Russia as a place that's cold, bland and with shit food.

Russia.

I'm sure that there is a lot of bollocks in the stereotype, but I just see Russia as a place that's cold, bland and with shit food.

Russia is everything but bland lmao, two others are correct depending on ones view

Russia is only country where iv been where you got no clue wtf will happen to you when you leave your building in the morning

Completely unpredictable

Russia.

Cold guess wich season you go. late spring/early summer should be fine

Bland?
160f5267-37ae-4c17-8eb5-0fa24d39abe5.jpg

ab33e4ca-1bb4-4744-8547-1dfce1ab2437.jpg

winter-palace-stpetersburg.jpg

winterpalace.jpg

saint-petersburg-wallpaper-preview.jpg

4026fd3d9a0a28b7257959d6260e3d39.jpg

Smirnoff_no_21-1688376635368.webp

Shit food?
Every time i leave Italia it's shit food time lol

Canada. From everything I've seen and heard, it seems to similar to the US. If I'm going to travel I'd want to go somewhere different and exotic.

It used to be "first world" but isn't currently. I did an exchange there in the mid 90's when it had a pro-U.S. government and it had a first world infrastructure in the big cities. Venezuela was a founding member of OPEC and was the richest country in South America at one point. Not to turn this into a WR thread but their economy has pretty much gone to shit under Chavez and now Maduro since 1999. It's believed their economy is now <$2K GDP/capita (good data isn't available) down from around $15K/capita 10 years earlier. But like other countries that have gone downhill, some of their people are very well educated because they grew up in a "first world" system.
True. I went on a jungle trip a long long time ago and remember it being pretty cool. From what I've heard, crime isn't as bad now since many of their criminals have left the country.

Venezuela was never really a fully developed nation, it had/has a smaller wealthy upper class around Caracas but that westernised lifestyle never extended to most of the population, same as Iran under the Shan.

Of this list been already

Italy (born/live)
France
Greece
Spain
Netherlands
Austria
Germany
Switzerland
Belgium
Portugal

So decent chunk have been scored, of ones missing tbh would visit them all including Israel and Russia (would love visit St.Petersburg) with the right timing

Wow you're a well travelled man, respects.

The only one on the list that I would be concerned about visiting would be Venezuela. It surprises me that it's listed as a first world country. Seems like something that applied years ago during a more prosperous and less authoritarian phase.

Besides Israel & Russia for obvious reasons.

For me I'd say Turkey, just no interest in going there.

View attachment 1038464

How is it that stupid table has Australia and New Zealand listed as former British colonies but not Canukistan?
The US and Ireland are also not listed as original British colonies. Although Ireland did have a history before that.
My old VO coach lived there.

This fucker ate steak and lobster for breakfast and had stupid expensive retreats there. Its a place for rich people.
VO?
lol Russia aint first world
No it's clearly Second. There seems to be some ambiguity over the definitions of First, Second and Third.

Is Israel First World? Borderline for me. If you have to ask... probably not

Austria, Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland were never Third World, at least not for 100s/1000s of years.

Venezuela is clearly Third World.

Southern Italy is on the border of First World. There really should be more categories. Places like Greece and Southern Italy don't belong in the same category as places like the Netherlands and Norway. You weren't supposed to drink the tap water in Southern Italy when I went for instance, and the people were scared both of the Mafia and the (corrupt) Police. There was a pack of stray dogs running around the town. That was quite a long time ago to be fair so if things have changed someone can say.

Turkey is high end Third World.

Human-Development-Index-in-Europe-Reddit.ppm

Guess from the list it would be old Venny. Though that ain't the first world now. Or close to it.
No desire to go back to Sweden or Denmark at all. Boring, pricey, and bad food.
From the list besides Venezuela that I have not been to, I have no desire to go to Luxembourg or Belgium. I would want to go to the remaining countries I have yet been to on that list before those two.

Wow you're a well travelled man, respects.
Not really lol
I mean, i can even add Slovenia, Estonia, Poland, Finland, Czech Rep, Croatia, Hungary, Albania and Cyprus to the list of places i've been

Still i don't consider myself having traveled much, is just that for we euros is easy travel to nations like that as everything it's pretty close
In decent amount of these i've even gone by car
Basically it's equivalent to you americans going from one USA place to another USA place

Actually i never left the european continent in my life
For martial arts had the chance to go with gyms to train in Thailand and Japan, but did'nt had any money back then lol
For what's worth was going to go live/work in Brazil back when was 17 but the project of people that would have been my bosses crumbled for silly reasons few months from take the plane

Next travel will be either Copenhagen (Denmark) or Istambul(Turkey) wich are in your list, in latter case would be first time ever i leave my continent (and will still be pretty close lol)

True. I went on a jungle trip a long long time ago and remember it being pretty cool. From what I've heard, crime isn't as bad now since many of their criminals have left the country.

You know things are bad if even your criminals don't want to stay. Back when they used to be a U.S. ally, I remember their military was fairly well-respected and I believe our SOF guys went to their Cazador training (like our Rangers) as well as Lancero in Colombia. Chaves himself was ex-military but I understand the rest of the Venezuelan military establishment thought he was a punk ass bitch.

And as a non-native speaker who used to be fluent, Venezuelan spanish sounds good. It's cleanly enunciated and other spanish speakers have told me it's considered a "classy" accent.

Roflmao @ Russia being first world.

It's two cities, everything else is an absolute shithole

Venezuela is the obvious answer but it's not first World. I really don't care about Denmark, Sweden or Canada. Belgium and Luxembourg aren't even real countries. Australia and New Zealand are far, I'd go but neither would be at the top of my list.

Back