Movies Which group of actors is the most talented bunch? (The Finals)

Which group of actors is the most talented bunch?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Continuation to this thread.

1st.

Marlon Brando - 1924
Anthony Hopkins - 1937
Robert De Niro - 1943
Al Pacino - 1940
Jack Nicholson - 1937

2nd.

Daniel Day-Lewis - 1957
Gary Oldman - 1958
Tom Hanks - 1956
Denzel Washington - 1954
Sean Penn - 1960

Please vote, thank you.

Close than I would of thought. 1st n 2nd. Go to group 2 . 3 thru 5 overall go to group 1.

Group 2 by a hair as having the best 2 actors makes more a difference when it's close.

DDL > Brando
Oldman - Bobby D push (slightly Oldman maybe)
Hanks - Hopkins push
Pacino > Denzel. Slightly
Jack > Penn closer than would think

Close than I would of thought. 1st n 2nd. Go to group 2 . 3 thru 5 overall go to group 1.

Group 2 by a hair as having the best 2 actors makes more a difference when it's close.

DDL > Brando
Oldman - Bobby D push (slightly Oldman maybe)
Hanks - Hopkins push
Pacino > Denzel. Slightly
Jack > Penn closer than would think

Very nice breakdown thanks.

Group one is a victim of its own success and longevity and started phoning it in.

Gotta go with 2

Group one is a victim of its own success and longevity and started phoning it in.

Gotta go with 2

You think Group 2 will start phoning it in as well in their advanced age? Maybe not DDL because he retired, but the others in that group?

You think Group 2 will start phoning it in as well in their advanced age? Maybe not DDL because he retired, but the others in that group?

Can't predict the future, but in group 1s case some of their later "performances" lowered their batting average per se.

I'm not saying the choice was easy, group one has some epic performances in some of my favorite movies of all time.

if I were to make my own five from that group it would be;
Denzel
DDL
De Niro
Penn
Hanks

I went with group 2.

Can't predict the future, but in group 1s case some of their later "performances" lowered their batting average per se.

I'm not saying the choice was easy, group one has some epic performances in some of my favorite movies of all time.

I agree, group 1 has by far the better legendary movies in their filmographies.

I agree, group 1 has by far the better legendary movies in their filmographies.

To be fair a movie is a team effort, supporting cast, direction and production can push that great performance to iconic.

I'm sure there's a few flicks where the movie is made great solely by one actor, but that's for another thread.

To be fair a movie is a team effort, supporting cast, direction and production can push that great performance to iconic.

I'm sure there's a few flicks where the movie is made great solely by one actor, but that's for another thread.

Exactly.

Great poll. Really close. Both are very good. 2 all-star squad.

DDL is MJ and Oldman is Pippen though. They take the series.

Back