Movies Which is better: Prometheus vs Alien 3

I read an interesting book covering the development of these films. It was said that Weaver, beginning with Aliens, requested a scene with Ripley and the Alien having sex. It was in the book, so you know it has to be true.

Yeah if I remember she kind of stole the Ripley role from Veronica Cartwright. I remember Sigourney had been in a Woody Allen movie with a small role before Alien but I don't recall much else off the top of my head.

Apollo gets killed off for dramatic effect of course but I don't think thats viewed as much as a negative because Rocky 4 is better regarded as a film overall. Really thats the issue, the film killed off some beloved characters but ultimately was viewed as not quite good enough to justify having done so.

Honestly though I have no problem watching films as singular if there well self contained, nothing to stop you watching Aliens and sticking with the happy ever after.

Well we also got to see Apollo go out on his shield. Can you imagine Rocky 4 if Apollo died at the hands of some Russian boxer in between movies and off camera? Rocky 4 would be universally hated as a film.

Now some other major characters in Rocky did have that treatment but...well in those cases I think what you say is exactly on point.

Well we also got to see Apollo go out on his shield. Can you imagine Rocky 4 if Apollo died at the hands of some Russian boxer in between movies and off camera? Rocky 4 would be universally hated as a film.

Now some other major characters in Rocky did have that treatment but...well in those cases I think what you say is exactly on point.
They werent killed off screen though were they but rather at the start of the film, you needed to introduce Drago before he fought Apollo.

They werent killed off screen though were they but rather at the start of the film, you needed to introduce Drago before he fought Apollo.

Adrian and Paulie die off screen before the start of Rocky 6 and Creed 1. Spider Rico off screen during Creed 2 with a deleted scene of the funeral.

I thought ice pirates had a scarier monster. Ya dont fuck with space herpes

Alien 3. There was more tension, was more consistent and Ripleys death was dramatic and memorable. We took that scene for granted.

Also the Alien 3 pic you posted is iconic while the Prometheus one displays nothing.
I do agree that the Alien 3 pic is iconic, but disagree that the Prometheus picture displays nothing, when I see that I instantly thing of the Sci-Fi premise that humans came from a superior being that gave his life and dna in the way he did for a reason unknown. Super cool idea to me.

Yeah if I remember she kind of stole the Ripley role from Veronica Cartwright. I remember Sigourney had been in a Woody Allen movie with a small role before Alien but I don't recall much else off the top of my head.
I get the feeling that after Aliens, Sigourney knew that she had expanded her career options by that time and wanted to move on to other projects. Which may be why she requested for Ripley to not make it out of Alien 3, and some of the other details that would inhibit the development of a part 4.

Last edited:
Neither are all that great. I felt like 3 tried to go back to the roots of the original and make it about tense buildup with one xenomorph picking guys off. But it was kinda boring and the characters weren’t interesting.

Prometheus seemed like concepts that felt kind of scattered around and left me wanting more.

Alien 3 by a country mile. Prometheus was filled with half -baked ideas and retarded characters. The only things I remember about Prometheus is all the idiotic things the supposed scientists did.

Alien 3, while severely flawed, at least has memorable moments and serves as an end to Ripley's story.

Both are pretty remarkably forgettable but I remember Alien 3 slightly more so I guess that's better.

Don't get started on Aliens 3, that abomination should've been set on Earth with a huge budget.......

Prometheus story was interesting.

Alien 3 was like hey what if the alien was a dog?

Alien 3 was like hey what if the alien was a dog?

This actually was quite inventive.

It revealed the xenomorphs adopt traits from the host they were incubated within.

I remember the action figures of the 90s took this to the extreme with gorilla aliens, etc.

This actually was quite inventive.

It revealed the xenomorphs adopt traits from the host they were incubated within.

I remember the action figures of the 90s took this to the extreme with gorilla aliens, etc.

Good point. And not gonna lie, gorilla morphs sound dope.

Good point. And not gonna lie, gorilla morphs sound dope.

R.36ac4148c0b1114d1f8773e7a546aa9f

R.0d99038ae1f91b2c423880e0d2380a43

R.124d376569034b681130ee957ac69f96

Being a kid in the 90s was the best decade to be a kid.

Looking back at it, its kinda bizarre they made action figures for kids from R-rated movies we were clearly too young to watch.

The gorilla and the bull figures (along with ripley, apone, and hicks) were centerpieces of my childhood collection.

Around the time those toys came out, Star Trek and 16-bit video game consoles were peaking.

It was indeed a great time to be a kid (if you found time to also play sports and could ignore grunge music/depression cinema, such as Alien 3).

Last edited:
The gorilla and the bull figures (along with ripley, apone, and hicks) were centerpieces of my childhood collection.
Same here, as were the Predator figures.

That's one of the reasons I give the AvP movies a break. They were very much superior to what I came up with as a kid.

And I still maintain the opinion that Requiem is awesome... when you skip every scene that a human isn't killed. I'm serious, try it. It cuts the runtime in half and its pure awesomeness.

I liked the concept of Prometheus way better. Going into that movie, I had no clue it was a prequel to Alien.

Same here, as were the Predator figures.

That's one of the reasons I give the AvP movies a break. They were very much superior to what I came up with as a kid.

And I still maintain the opinion that Requiem is awesome... when you skip every scene that a human isn't killed. I'm serious, try it. It cuts the runtime in half and its pure awesomeness.
Those toys were modeled after characters for a proposed Aliens Saturday morning cartoon (which would apparently disregarded Alien 3 entirely) during the mid 90's (Operation: Aliens). The show was probably deemed a little too jack nutty for the intended audience. But Kenner merchandised the toys as if the show was a done deal (it wasn't).

That's funny about Requiem.

The AvP videos games were first-class. Even the Alien 3 game was ok.

Back