which is the lamest excuse you ever heard somebody say ?

he was so used to knocking heads off he thought he could do it again and gassed himself throwing bombs

Conor knocks people out with combinations they don't see coming, because he's both sneaky with them, and has already hurt them on the earlier blow and so are dropped by the very accurate follow up. Whiffing single shot huge baseball pitch bombs is being inefficient, and is fighting contrary to his style.

It's not a bad excuse, he fought poorly and suffered for it and recognized it as such. He went back to his normal style in the rematch and dropped Diaz 3x, and did far more damage than in the first fight.

First thing that came to mind
Tyson won that fight by ko. This is funny though. Got a herniated disk right now and I say this to people that I know would have never seen this clip.

"Conor McGregor" is the lamest excuse for a human being that I've ever heard anyone say.

Pretty much anything that comes out of The Chris and his dad's mouths.

He said it like it was a new concept to him though. He made gassing out and fighting with a bad gameplan, sound scientific. I also felt like he used it as an excuse and shouldn't have.
I’m far from a Conor defender but that doesn’t sound like an excuse at all.

He’s blaming himself there. He blew his wad, didn’t pace correctly, that’s more of a technical explanation for why he lost than an excuse

Conor immediately saying Nate being such a giant was why he lost.

I’m far from a Conor defender but that doesn’t sound like an excuse at all.

He’s blaming himself there. He blew his wad, didn’t pace correctly, that’s more of a technical explanation for why he lost than an excuse
I hear ya, but that can be done for any loss from any fighter, can't it? It's a way of saying "I would've won, if..." and taking credit away from the winner.

He says "I was inefficient with my energy,...." But for him to beat Nate, he has to keep on the offensive against him, and for him to do that, he has to expend energy. Which is why he gassed again in the rematch. Even though, in the rematch, he actaully used leg kicks which helped him greatly.

He pulled the same shit when Mayweather stopped him. "He was very composed in there. blah blah blah" Just say he whooped your ass and be done with it lol

"I will die if i make 135"
"I will die if i make 140"

Disabled Vet cut in front of me in line at the store and just raised his stub to at me when I asked why.
I told him that his excuse was lame.

Gotta be the Anderson Silva Viagara excuse.

Not only is it ridiculous it's damn embarrassing. If you are 39 and in great physical shape and need Viagara...

No to mention Silva preaching over the years about steroids being bad...

Z3sFP9z.jpg

I hear ya, but that can be done for any loss from any fighter, can't it? It's a way of saying "I would've won, if..." and taking credit away from the winner.

He says "I was inefficient with my energy,...." But for him to beat Nate, he has to keep on the offensive against him, and for him to do that, he has to expend energy. Which is why he gassed again in the rematch. Even though, in the rematch, he actaully used leg kicks which helped him greatly.

He pulled the same shit when Mayweather stopped him. "He was very composed in there. blah blah blah" Just say he whooped your ass and be done with it lol
I guess we have to agree to disagree.

I can’t stand Conor (feel free to see previous posts). But fighting is technical and there are technical explanations for losses, that doesn’t make them excuses.

You are right that every fighter could say that after a loss. That’s the point. Everyone has a path to winning and a path to losing. Fighting isn’t math. Who wins and loses is decided sometimes from micro decisions within the fight.

I remember when Mousasi fought hall he said he lost because he level changed in response to the spin because he thought it was going high and in reality it was body-chest height. He said he didn’t prepare for spin kicks in general and otherwise he would have won.

He rematched, proved it, end of story. It would have been very ineffective for him to just say “I got my ass whipped.” People don’t grow from that. There are some fights where guys are outclassed, but generally fights are won and lost on strategy and decisions they make that could easily bounce the other way on a given night. It’s just athletes mentality to look at it that way. That’s why we see it so much

Back