Movies Which Movies do you think are massively overrated?

images-2.jpg

This movie was shit, atheists didn't like it, christians didn't like it

Who the fuck liked this movie?

I didn't particularly care for it but I thought the second one with Ewan McGregor was pretty good.

Not "bad" films(those two anyway, Gump and Braveheart I don't think are up to much at all) but films which are often mentioned as some of the greatest ever when I don't think there anything close to it.

Dang, a lot of great movies from the last three decades have been called overrated in this thread, I would love to see what people consider masterpieces if things like Godfather 1/2, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Shawshank are considered overrated…..

I can understand if certain movies aren’t your cup of tea, but can still be considered great. I get bored every time I watch Alien, but I can objectively say it’s a really good movie, just not my thing.

Last edited:
The Twilight series.

Shit was garbage. My wife was a big fan so I had to sit through that nonsense. Was hoping for something that felt more like Lost Boys and instead I got Dawson's Creek with fangs.

iu

Kill Bill easily

The only thing good was the muisc, and I could give some kudos to the fight scenes although they weren't so great either. Just a massively overrated movie that's all about style and paying homage, very little of quality in the movie watching experience.

1. Parasite--Won multiple Oscars. I thought it interesting, but not an amazing movie in my opinion. And this is coming from a huge fan of South Korean film.

2. The Shape of Water- I am split on Del Toros stuff. I either love it or don't care for it. His films have a look and feel, always quality but not necessarily a fun watch. Another one that wone all these awards and I didn't care for it.

3. Wakanda Forever--If this were a white story with a white cast it would have been panned. But because it honored a fallen star, and it checks the diversity boxes its applauded. This movie had no hero, had 1000 tie ins, and was a mess of a plot and story.

4. Get Out-Rotten Tomatoes has it as the best Horror of all time. RT can suck my ass. Its a decent movie, thats it. I can name 20 better horror movies just off the top of my head.

Top of my ahead.

Seven Samurai
Pulp Fiction
I think Seven Samurai is overratted but it's still a great film. It's just not the best film ever made like so many say. Kurosawa has 5 or 6 better films imo.

Any film made by Jean Luc Godard and most of the French New Wave. It's a bunch of pretentious nonsense. Also, almost every film made in the past 10 years ro so.

Off the top of my head, The Revenant was overrated. It received a ton of praise, and got Leo an Oscar. And it's def a good film. But watching it, to me it seems basically like Great Value Dances With Wolves. It's a 7/10 film posing as a 10/10(ok, maybe 8/10 with how good the cinematography is).

there are a lot lesser regarded movies that I absolutely love way more than the godfather, deer hunter or apocolypse now. Not that I can't appreciate those movies nor would I say they're overrated but they didn't resonate like some movies did.

It's so hard to understand why people like or love a film so much. I just saw Priscilla, it's been getting pretty good reviews, and one guy on you tube said he liked it better than the Luhrman film. It was dreadful in a million ways, boring, slow and a big part of that is that Priscilla just isn't all that interesting a person, not very bright, not very personable and as Elvis told a later lover, she was a cold person. Not to mention, inexplicably, they had virtually no Elvis music and no original Elvis music. I suppose some reviewers don't want to burst the bubble on a rare female director and there were some great things about it, as far as the look, the wardrobe but those don't make the movie.

Training Day
I hate that film.

Great film, but slightly overrated at the time, given the coolness factor it had, and Denzel's performance. In retrospect, it was just a very good cop drama. But there's certainly others that fit that bill, that didn't receive nearly as much praise.

Back