Opinion Which US president was the most badass?

Most badass US president?

• Total voters
And you know this how?
The internet?
https://www.bjjee.com/articles/us-president-teddy-roosevelt-avidly-trained-judo-jiu-jitsu/
“during March and April 1904, Roosevelt practiced judo three afternoons a week, using a ground floor office in the White House as his workout space. Then, for the rest of the summer, he practiced occasionally. He stopped training during the elections, and there is no record showing that he resumed his studies afterward.
The President’s training partners included his sons, his private secretary, the Japanese naval attache, Secretary of War William Howard Taft, and Secretary of the Interior Gifford Pinchot. When these people were unavailable, then Roosevelt tried his tricks on husky young visitors.”
This one only covered a month of training. Other sources mentioned training back in 1902 as well.

https://martialhistoryteam.blogspot...ed from March,my wrestling lessons with you."
1. Did TR study some form of judo or jiu-jitsu?
Yes, Roosevelt trained some form of judo or jiu-jitsu during two periods in his life, but not for the years indicated in various unsourced stories in the media.

The first period of training took place from March to June 1902, with Professor John J. O’Brien of Boston, as reported in Roberto Pedreira's book Craze: The Life and Times of Jiu-Jitsu, 1854-1904 (Volume 1).

Roosevelt also trained from March 9, 1904, to no later than April 23, 1904, when he wrote a letter of thanks to his teacher, judo's first-ever 10th dan, Yamashita Yoshitsugu, "closing my wrestling lessons with you."

I tend to believe that the 1904 training sessions (2-3x a week for month) is the longest training he did in Judo or they would have mentioned his schedule in 1902.

Obviously Washington.
Man was at war for years, led to the creation of a country by sheer will, immensely brave in battle.
he should have all the votes.

Who’s the one that had polio? FDR?

Prob teddy

(Personally rank his eldest son higher on badass scale but thats not related to president stuff and is just my opinion)

Hard to argue against Teddy Roosevelt. I don't like to use the term alpha male, but he was a true alpha male

What did his son do?

WW1 and WW2 vet with shitload of medals plus politician plus succesful business guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt_Jr.

Heres his finest hour

"Roosevelt was the only general on D-Day to land by sea with the first wave of troops. At 56, he was the oldest man in the invasion,[31] and the only one whose son also landed that day; Captain Quentin Roosevelt II was among the first wave of soldiers at Omaha Beach.[32]

Brigadier General Roosevelt was one of the first soldiers, along with Captain Leonard T. Schroeder Jr., off his landing craft as he led the 8th Infantry Regiment and 70th Tank Battalion landing at Utah Beach. Roosevelt was soon informed that the landing craft had drifted south of their objective, and the first wave of men was a mile off course. Walking with the aid of a cane and carrying a pistol, he personally made a reconnaissance of the area immediately to the rear of the beach to locate the causeways that were to be used for the advance inland. He returned to the point of landing and contacted the commanders of the two battalions, Lieutenant Colonels Conrad C. Simmons and Carlton O. MacNeely, and coordinated the attack on the enemy positions confronting them. Opting to fight from where they had landed rather than trying to move to their assigned positions, Roosevelt's famous words were, "We'll start the war from right here!"[35]

These impromptu plans worked with complete success and little confusion. With artillery landing close by, each follow-on regiment was personally welcomed on the beach by a cool, calm, and collected Roosevelt, who inspired all with humor and confidence, reciting poetry and telling anecdotes of his father to steady the nerves of his men. Roosevelt pointed almost every regiment to its changed objective. Sometimes he worked under fire as a self-appointed traffic cop, untangling traffic jams of trucks and tanks all struggling to get inland and off the beach.[36] One GI later reported that seeing the general walking around, apparently unaffected by the enemy fire, even when clods of earth fell down on him, gave him the courage to get on with the job, saying if the general is like that it cannot be that bad."

Making his old man proud lol

Last edited:
The internet?
https://www.bjjee.com/articles/us-president-teddy-roosevelt-avidly-trained-judo-jiu-jitsu/

This one only covered a month of training. Other sources mentioned training back in 1902 as well.

https://martialhistoryteam.blogspot.com/2020/04/answering-top-five-questions-on.html#:~:text=Roosevelt also trained from March,my wrestling lessons with you."

I tend to believe that the 1904 training sessions (2-3x a week for month) is the longest training he did in Judo or they would have mentioned his schedule in 1902.

He definitely trained for longer. That letter I just posted, where he mentions Yamashita, is from 1905.

He wrote in his autobiography that he suffered an eye injury in 1905 while boxing an aide, that caused vision loss in one eye. He said he then focused on Judo or Jiu Jitsu for the next few years for exercise.

What did his son do?
Stormed the beach on D-Day when he was 56 and walking with a cane. Died a month later. Won the medal of honor for it. There's a movie called The Longest Day about it, where Henry Fonda plays him.

TR_at_Harvard_11421969.jpg
"Yes, I'm wearing Capri pants. Prolem?"

Teddy Roosevelt and his son were built different.
Multiple sons. Quentin Roosevelt was a fighter pilot in WW1. He was shot down and killed. He was only 20.

His sons Kermit and Archibald also fought in both ww1 and ww2.

Joe mumbles I mean Biden.the moron who started ww3.

I hope everyone's packing their nuclear under wear for the draft.

Let’s keep soft fairy shit like this out of what will be the both the most contentious and simultaneously the most light hearted war room thread of the year. This is a thread about badasses. About men! Neither trump nor Biden are welcome here

Multiple sons. Quentin Roosevelt was a fighter pilot in WW1. He was shot down and killed. He was only 20.

His sons Kermit and Archibald also fought in both ww1 and ww2.

Think quentin is still the only us presidents son to fall in combat

Germans were apperantly very respectful to the body and family since guy gave up life of comfort i remember reading

Think quentin is still the only us presidents son to fall in combat

Germans were apperantly very respectful to the body and family since guy gave up life of comfort i remember reading
Partly. The German people highly respected both the father and son, and the Germans buried Quentin with full military honors and made a grave for him. But there was a photo of Quentin's downed airplane, with him lying dead next to it, which some members of the German government passed around as propaganda photograph. Apparently it mostly had the opposite effect, as the German public thought it was a really distasteful thing to do.

Back