News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

No Dana, you want Stipe vs Jones. Us fans want Aspinall vs Jones. As a business man, I’m surprised about Dana holding up the HW division because of the wife beater.

Maybe Stipe and Jones could do a trilogy that last a few years. Just like the DC trilogy but with more injuries. I think that'll really liven up the Heavyweight division.

Jones is $$$.
He's fought once in the last 4 1/2 years. He's been arrested more times than that. If he's that big of a draw, it shouldn't matter whether it's for a title. They can strip Jon, give Aspinall the real title, and Jon can take his sweet time coming back and then decide whether he wants that fight to be just a fight with Stipe, or a title fight with Aspinall.

Maybe Stipe and Jones could do a trilogy that last a few years. Just like the DC trilogy but with more injuries. I think that'll really liven up the Heavyweight division.
While Tom Aspinall clears out the contenders on the side <2>

If Jon and Stipe originally fought and it was a bad ass fight I woulda been half in but fuck, it sat too long for me to give a real shit.

Both are 70 fucking years old

It is clear Dana and the UFC see Jones vs. Stipe as the most profitable option and they will do whatever to make it happen.
It's not about profit with this one.I believe only half the tickets were sold for Jones VS Miocic at MSG, before Jones pulled out with an injury.

Dana just wants Jones to beat Stipe so he can crown Jones as the best HW Fighter on the Planet... since he is still hurting from losing to Ngannou.

This is just Dana being petty as always. He literally refused to pay Jones for 3 years... and decided Stipe wasn't worth paying either. Hell, Dana paid Overeem more than he paid Stipe when Stipe was champion.
Dana never liked Stipe. It's no secret. And Jones literally vacated the belt because Dana refused to pay him to move up to HW.

Suddenly, Dana's the biggest fans of Jones and Stipe and he's talking about how we have to respect what those guys did.

It's BS.
Tl, Dr- Dana just wants Jones to beat Stipe so he can tell everyone that Ngannou isn't the best HW on the planet.

Defending the interim title before the "real" title has been defended a single time....

giphy.gif

Dana is such a cunt about all of this. He wants Jones vs Stipe, even though Stipe doesn't deserve it, in the hopes that Jones wins and the UFC can claim to have the GOAT of all GOATS of any sport ever. No matter that Stipe is shot and hasn't fought in a long time, and is irrelevant, he's just a name to try and prop someone else up.

He's fought once in the last 4 1/2 years. He's been arrested more times than that. If he's that big of a draw, it shouldn't matter whether it's for a title. They can strip Jon, give Aspinall the real title, and Jon can take his sweet time coming back and then decide whether he wants that fight to be just a fight with Stipe, or a title fight with Aspinall.
That's true, he is very inactive. I see your point and detract my comment. Jones should be stripped.

Dana is happy to get a go out of Jones and Stipe. He always can have Tom. Jones and Stipe showing up is rare. They are semi retired.
Never thought of it that way. Tom will fight no matter what. Jon and Stipe could leave anytime.

Jones not fighting is killing the sport. He really needs to fight more. People consider him the GOAT but NEVER fights and when he does it seems he does it EXACTLY on his terms.

And if Tom fights to "defend his interim" it won't even count as a title defense in his legacy, what's the point ?

Dana is doing everything in his power to make his golden boy retire unbeaten as it is something which he didn't wish for Khabib LMAO dude release Stipe and let Aspinall fight Jon

Then Aspinall should be able to get a free slap at Dana's face. It's a Win Win! And he gets to promote Power Crap while at it!

With how much they have protected Jones I’m pretty sure Jon has some serious dirt on Dana

Back