Who are good bullshido fighters in MMA, UFC or otherwise?

Anderson Silva used Bullshido when he was taught secret shit by Stephen Seagal.

Shotokan and kung fu and aikido are bullshido.

Zabit and Salikhov do wushu sanda which is the full contact focus of kung fu, but which is so far away from what is taught in 99% of kung fu clubs ( shaolin / animal shit) that it's essentially kick boxing with takedowns or even shootfighting. But it's not kung fu.
I dont think you understand that not all people take “martial arts” for fighting. Some do it for a hobby, exercise and stress relief. because thats like saying my wife’s cardio kickboxing class is bullshido cuz its a bunch of chubby moms throwing arm punches because they advertised it as “learn kickboxing, lose weight, have fun self defense class” in a way its true. Its cute seeing them punch and kick, but nobody thinks they are legit gonna beat someone up.

Machida dominated with karate. We're starting to see kung fu get close to winning championships in the octagon with guys like Zabit and Muslim Salikhov. 20 years ago this would have been laughed at. But now bullshido is proving that it's the real holyfield. Who is best bullshido fighter in the UFC and in other organizations?

None of those guys' training resembles anything you will find at a "bullshido" place.

Machida's father says their family karate is a unique adapted style unlike modern karate. Machida's background includes boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai, and even sumo - all since he was teenager.

Zabit and Salikhov trained and competed in Sanshou / Sanda, which is basically kickboxing with takedowns, very far from traditional kung fu schools.

Its cute seeing them punch and kick, but nobody thinks they are legit gonna beat someone up.

You must not have spent a lot of time in "Traditional Martial Arts" schools. There is still a ton of delusion in them about fighting ability and the effectiveness of their training.

I've been at karate schools that had NO heavy bags and touch sparred ONCE A YEAR. Every session was kata, more kata, and "body conditioning."

Yet the students were confident they could take out an attacker with one hit. This included the tiny middle-age women with six-degree black belts.

It was even worse in the 1980s, believe me.

You must not have spent a lot of time in "Traditional Martial Arts" schools. There is still a ton of delusion in them about fighting ability and the effectiveness of their training.

I've been at karate schools that had NO heavy bags and touch sparred ONCE A YEAR. Every session was kata, more kata, and "body conditioning."

Yet the students were confident they could take out an attacker with one hit. This included the tiny middle-age women with six-degree black belts.

It was even worse in the 1980s, believe me.
You’ve been into how many schools? Lol. I dont pretend like i know every school is the same as some bs school. You shouldnt either. Plus, martial arts is not just about fighting, stop being the typical “im a badass cuz i know what works so i can tell who sucks and who doesn’t”. Imagine saying that about lyoto machida’s dad when he was teaching his sons. Or wonderboy thompsons dad lol. You do know Upstate Karate has been around for years and during the day is a big time mcdojo right? Wonderboy literally runs the kids program there, they play dodgeball to practice reactions lol. It would look silly to people who dont know who he is, but wonderboy would stomp out 99% of the people walking around.

if u dont think theres bjj mcdojos out there. U dont know what ur talking about. Its getting as commercialized as much as karate was in the 80s.

Shotokan and kung fu and aikido are bullshido.

Zabit and Salikhov do wushu sanda which is the full contact focus of kung fu, but which is so far away from what is taught in 99% of kung fu clubs ( shaolin / animal shit) that it's essentially kick boxing with takedowns or even shootfighting. But it's not kung fu.

Im not sure you understand what kung fu and wushu means

I dont think you understand that not all people take “martial arts” for fighting. Some do it for a hobby, exercise and stress relief. because thats like saying my wife’s cardio kickboxing class is bullshido cuz its a bunch of chubby moms throwing arm punches because they advertised it as “learn kickboxing, lose weight, have fun self defense class” in a way its true. Its cute seeing them punch and kick, but nobody thinks they are legit gonna beat someone up.

Maybe but in mma and on this forum the "fighting" aspect is all that matters.

Whose ass is it on the pic ?

Probably Jon Jones He's the King of Bulshido in the Octogan. Full on Wang Chingdo up in that Mofo with oblique kicks and he's got them, too deadly to practice, eye pokes down to a damn science.

What i loved in the early years and first UFC was that NOBODY thought that wrestling even was a fighting skill. I remember from my youth how there were all these kickboxers and karate and taekwondo guys in going around like they were bad assess and then they got in to a street fight with a wrestler and got beaten to shit. When the first UFC's came along I already knew the ground fighting would be the key I just had no idea BJJ was so effective.

There is shit that works in TMA but there is still ALOT of horse shit stuff that would never work. Best bet is and always will be to learn multiple skills.

My bullshitto consists of high pitch screams and windmill punches.

Karate has been working in MMA since day one when Karate man Gerard Gordeau TKOd two guys in under a minute to advance to the UFC 1 finals. Of course he got subbed by Royce - but who didn't at that time? Patrick Smith was the next Karate/kickboxing guy to reach UFC 2 finals. And Harold Howard again in UFC 3. Three UFC finals = three Karate blackbelts - how is that "bullshido"?

You had Karate guys doing reasonably well in MMA in all eras. It was never a dominant or very popular style but you always had a few guys who could hold their own and then a few contenders and champs (Bas Rutten, Guy Mezger, Kenichi Yamamoto, Pat Miletich). Of course they cross-trained extensively like every other real mixed martial artist so please spare me the "not pure!" comments.

People act as if Machida single-handedly made Karate legit, when it has been 100% legit in kickboxing and MMA for years before him. And you still have plenty of Whittakers and Wonderboys around. See my sig for a complete list.
Wasn't gordeau a savate guy ? I think so.

Karate has been working in MMA since day one when Karate man Gerard Gordeau TKOd two guys in under a minute to advance to the UFC 1 finals. Of course he got subbed by Royce - but who didn't at that time? Patrick Smith was the next Karate/kickboxing guy to reach UFC 2 finals. And Harold Howard again in UFC 3. Three UFC finals = three Karate blackbelts - how is that "bullshido"?

You had Karate guys doing reasonably well in MMA in all eras. It was never a dominant or very popular style but you always had a few guys who could hold their own and then a few contenders and champs (Bas Rutten, Guy Mezger, Kenichi Yamamoto, Pat Miletich). Of course they cross-trained extensively like every other real mixed martial artist so please spare me the "not pure!" comments.

People act as if Machida single-handedly made Karate legit, when it has been 100% legit in kickboxing and MMA for years before him. And you still have plenty of Whittakers and Wonderboys around. See my sig for a complete list.
wasnt Gordeau Savate?
edit : someone beat me to it

Oh I see, you are using bullshido as a synonym for TMA. Inaccurate.

Pretty much, bullshido would be something like Dim Mak or the general idea that a MA is "too deadly for fightsport".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back