Who are some of your favorite Rock bands from 2000 to present?

The lack of queens of the Stone Age itt is absurd.

I know, I'm surprised no ones mentioned them. With an album like Songs For The Deaf, total classic. They are one of the best rock groups of the early 2000s.

[YT]g5GrSPUAj4E[/YT]

Incubus
Interpol
Explosions in the Sky
QOTSA

Probs a few more but that's all I can think of for now.

You know who I'm really surprised no ones mentioned yet? Coheed and Cambria. They're one of my all time favorites. Many don't like Claudios singing, but I love them.

You know who I'm really surprised no ones mentioned yet? Coheed and Cambria. They're one of my all time favorites. Many don't like Claudios singing, but I love them.

It's a total mindfuck listening to them and then seeing what the dude looks like. I just couldn't cope with it.

It's a total mindfuck listening to them and then seeing what the dude looks like. I just couldn't cope with it.

Lol, I know. First time I saw the band was the video for Welcome Home and I couldn't believe that voice was coming out of him. Just doesn't suit his frame. Looks more like Baritone.

He Is Legend... Very underrated. They span multiple genres, but I call them modern rock n' roll.

By 'alive' you mean pumping out the same post-grunge dreck he's been doing for over 15 years because he doesn't know how to do anything else? FF are just above Nickelback-tier.

His post grunge sound is the only thing that sounds like rock anymore. The rest of it is a pussified, neutered mash up if rock/electronic.

ghost-bc_opt.jpg

Ghost

Avenged Sevenfold
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastadon
Devildriver
Lamb of God
Modern Life Is War
My Chemical Romance
Rise Against
Ventana

So when do you graduate high school?

The evens
[YT]/watch?v=ZI4asBH8Fmg[/YT]

Reignwolf
[YT]/watch?v=on0uEw0uno8[/YT]
Joe Lally
[YT]/watch?v=JgADmXjzwH0[/YT]

Autolux
[YT]/watch?v=uZL91Uv5e8g[/YT]
Mark Lanegan
[YT]/watch?v=LoeWfAvGmko[/YT]
Twilight Singers
[YT]/watch?v=smI5U_cEXnA[/YT]

To be honest, I don't even know their music. They are just generic top 40 crappy pop-rock. The last song I remember from them was the mentos song. I know that Dave Grohl made big money, so good for him. Pretty sure he feels stupid peddling shitty music. But rich.

Your whole post made it write clear you don't know their music.

A few off the top of my head:
Clutch
The Mars Volta
The Distillers
Grand Magus
Kings of Leon, if you just count the first two albums
The Bronx

The Strokes, Bloc Party, The National, The Killers, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys

They're awesome. By now I'm sure it's like Claudio and 3 new guys, and they have 5 albums that i didn't know came out, but the 2nd and 3rd album were great.

saw their latest tour where they played that whole album from start to finish.

was pretty awesome.

What's the verdict on Coldplay are they atrocious or good?

Dunno if I'd consider them Rock, but more Metal, but I love them.

[YT]VQo9bwQ2rQc[/YT]
Mastodon is as metal as they come my friend. I consider them to be Progressive Stoner/Sludge Metal.

Also people saying Queens Of The Stone Age, amazing band BUT they were formed by Josh Homme in 1996 so for me they do not count. For me it has to be a band that was formed in 2000 or after to be eligible.

The Deftones love up in here makes me feel all warm inside. lol they're my GOAT band and shoutout to the poster who said he's matured along with their style because I have too bro, been listening to them for 15 years and it's been an amazing ride, though I honestly believe that the final track from their last album (What Happened to You?) is the greatest song they've ever written! Wish I can embed!!

Honorable mention to Disturbed, Chevelle, old school Papa Roach, Project 86, Staind, and System of a Down too.

Back