Who are the classiest, most hono(u)rable MMA fighters?

Koz
Diaz bros
Tito
Sonnen
Jones
....oh MOST honourable, sorry that would be ... ummm ... sure ... who cares.

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Holly Holm
4. Maia
5. Brian Stann
6. Machida
7. Forest Griffin
8. Uriah Hall

I've got pretty thick skin and wouldn't normally complain about it, but I seem to remember Saku being a bit disrespectful to Hoyce during their first fight. Am I remembering that wrong? Again, not something I would normally cry about but since this is a thread about class... But Rashad?

I thought Saku during the fight was show boating a bit but after the fight he showed respect to the Gracie family. Saku always respected the Gracie family even know he was nick named the Gracie hunter.

a lot of fighters mentioned in the thread. I'd like to add Cristane Justino. everything I've seen on her despite that constant slander she's taken shows great character.

I also always thought it was funny that Shogun, one of the most aggressive finishers in the history of the sport, would never mean mug an opponent and would always offer a gentleman's handshake rather than a fist-bump.

Don't forget about Shogun getting up off of Machida before the ref stepped in cause he knew Machida was out

466619_o.gif

Riiiiight like totally ignore the judges decision right? He took the immediate rematch you can't ask for more than that.

Um... what other option did he have? Refuse the rematch after the entire MMA world knew he lost the first fight? lol

I won't go as far as to say that he should've handed the belt over to Shogun but I would've gone out of my way to not act like I actually won that fight.

Machida would then later have the nerve to complain about the judges' decision after the Davis fight. Like seriously dude, you got gifted one of the biggest robberies ever, in a championship fight no less, you should have the self-awareness to stfu about judging for the rest of your life yet you're gonna complain about a judges' decision in a totally meh fight vs Phil Davis?

And how has no one mentioned Fallon Fox? It doesn't get more classy than being a biological man and wanting to beat up women for a living

... Machida would then later have the nerve to complain about the judges' decision after the Davis fight. ...

You're overly harsh on Machida, although it was kind of ironic that while everyone thought Lyoto beat Phil it was Phil who was awarded the decision over Lyoto ...

... in Brazil.

For me taunting is fine- it's a particular style that suits some people, and it is part of their strategy. But it does reflect their 'classiness' and they can't be too surprised if some people revel when they eat it.

The nastiness that was leveled towards Rashad had far more to do with latent racism than anything.

shogun and machinda will always be up there. both of them know just when to temper otherwise coiled strikes..

All out class has to go to Mark Hunt. When he connects he doesn't even follow them down. Walks away to give the medics time to do their job. See UFC 200 to be sure I'm right lol

Maia, GSP, Hunt... Holm, Fedor.

I used to think Machida, until he couldn't acknowledge that Shogun deserved the victory in the first fight. Even Rampage had enough class to do that when he'd won a decision he didn't agree with.

Back