Movies Who Could Replace Arnold as The Terminator Today?

I mean... You're not far off

f977f70c10b65223e3826756b419a7c3.jpg
I find the bowl cut to be most offensive

No one! Why try? It will just taint the first two Terminator movies

911295CD-337B-417F-A9FC-A6F908C00A17.jpeg 7616A9BD-00E9-4C8A-820D-21704EB77F06.jpeg
Alba Baptista

Not as a Arnold replacement but as a secondary infiltrating terminator that will get the audience to shit bricks when revealed during the movie. It would have organic flesh. It will be fucking hot.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it just be the Rock and they'd make him more wise cracking.

I actually don't because the first movies were so good that I think it's unnecessary, although I did enjoy Prey, although I'd call that more of a soft reboot. I suppose if you mean soft reboot (which I differentiate from remake) I could be on board with the Predator movies since Prey was basically that and maybe Alien but even then I'd say nah.

The Terminator has been basically being remade post T2 with some convoluted additions, with the exception of Salvation, which I found to be very flawed but more interesting than any of the other sequels. I think with The Terminator in particular it needs to go into the future and I think even a simple but effective script would make for a good movie. I think even Salvation could've been salvaged with some key changes here-and-there. The chase/time travel aspect has been done to death.

I mean idealy we'd see something original instead but if those franchises are touched anymore I'd preffer remakes to sequels/prequels. With the latter again I think bringing back a character/actor and/or making refference to something from the original is just too easy a way out, almost all these films get by too much on the "geek lore" aspect rather than having much ambition to them because they know that sells.

Hire a great director/writer and give them one of these franchises if your not willing to give them money for something original, recast/rework and give them space to be a bit more individual.

Last edited:
Back