Who did you have in Conor vs. Cerrone?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before this got scrapped.

I saw this as Conor KOing Cerrone in round 1.

Cerrone is hittable and takes a lot of damage in his fights.

I felt Conor would've won it.

I could see Conor winning if he wins, or Cerrone if he were to win.

Conor. I think he's able to avoid the takedowns of Cerrone and get him out of there in 2 rounds. Headkicks would give him big problems later in the fight if Cerrone makes it out of the first couple rounds. This is motivated Conor btw no idea about the current drunkard

Cerrone by 4th or 5th round sub.

Conor most likely but if he were to survive the first two rounds Cowboy might be able to "Nate Diaz" him.

Cerrone by 4th or 5th round sub.
If Cerrone were to get a sub he would need to get it early on. He's slick enough that once on the ground he can finish it quickly. But if he stands with Conor for 3 rounds, I'd favour Conor greatly.

Cerrone was talking about making it a pure stand up battle. If he stuck to that, I'd have gone Conor. If he is willing to take it to the mat, he'd probably tire Conor out and sub him. Not sure how long it would take him to actually get Conor to the mat though. Cerrone isn't a TD artist and Conor's TDD, while not great, is pretty good.

I think Cerrone late round sub. Connor has power but Cerrone is too big and Connor will tire.

Conor by KO. Cowboy is well-rounded, but he's always been hittable. And while he has a very solid ground game, he doesn't have great takedowns. I think Conor would finish him within 2 rounds. Stylistically, it's just a bad matchup for Cowboy.

Cerrone is a pretty slow starter with suspect chin/defense, not really a good combo against McGregor. I'm not over-hyping Conor, I just don't really buy the narrative that Cerrone is back better than ever : he already reached his ceiling and I don't see him being at the top of the food chain anymore. I don't even think he'll be really competitive against Iaquinta.

cerrone by sub
but after seeing cerrone at weigh in today, damn. can't pick that guy at 155 anymore

Back