Who Did You Have Winning Tyson Fury VS. Oleksandr Usyk And How Did You Score It? Oleksandr Usyk Won Via Split Decision

WHO DO YOU THINK WON THE FIGHT?

• Tyson Fury

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Oleksandr Usyk

Votes: 174 90.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
I thought the right person won, but I scored it for Fury by 1 point.

rd1 10-10 Draw
rd2 10-9 Usyk
rd3 10-9 Fury
rd4 10-9 Fury
rd5 10-9 Fury
rd6 10-9 Fury
rd7 10-9 Fury
rd8 10-9 Usyk
rd9 10-8 Usyk
rd10 10-9 Usyk
rd11 10-10 Draw
rd12 10-9 Fury

IMO who wins this fight depends on rd1 and rd11.... I'm a proponent to scoring very close rounds as 10-10, as if you "give" them to a fighter it takes away the value of more clear 10-9 rounds--Fury's middle rounds were a lot more dominate that Usyk was in the first 2 rounds or the last 3.
This is a classic British scorecard where you save your fighter by giving them a 10-10 round when they clearly lost. Rounds 1 and 11 were not remotely close.

As I was watching, I kept thinking that Usyk is just going to close the distance and absolutely smash him with a right.

Fury kept going into his corner and doing the rope-a-dope stuff.

I think it cost him. He took too many risks trying to be a Mohammed Ali wizard.

I'm not a boxer though and I rarely watch it...

Usyk should have won by KO in round 9. Fury's case wasn't for a standing count. And the count was abnormally long btw.
Seems like the boxing orgs could easily fix long counts by just giving the referee some kind of stopwatch or timer.

Maybe even a fancy one that's connected via Bluetooth or something so the count can be displayed on a screen straight from the ref's watch.

I'm sure the details could be figured out and it would remove completely all the arguments over fast/slow counts.

But of course that makes it harder to fix fights, so boxing will continue to be corrupt and just rely on humans counting speed

Usyk smashed fury. Fury had like 4 good rounds in the middle.

Usyk literally walked Tyson down from the first round and continually trapped him. Tyson then made a great adjustment in round 4 walking him into body uppercuts and check hooks. Also some good hugging from Tyson when Usyk trapped him and got too close. After about 4 rounds of that Usyk picked up the pace and urgency and it was all him from there. Fury’s nose was fucked.

People don’t know the difference between landing pitter patter shots to keep someone off you vs motherfucking overhands from Usyk. Dude was in control the whole time except for those middle rounds where he just let fury cruise and pop shot, uppercut, and check hook him.

I also think people were being fooled by Tyson’s antics early. They think he was in control in those first rounds because he was showboating and shit, Usyk clearly won the first 3 rounds with hard shots while trapping him on the ropes.

Yeah the first 3 rounds I scored to usyk. Fury did absolutely nothing, usyk was landing, mainly to the body but still landing. Next 3 clearly fury and and the 7th was close but usyk landed better shots again imo

The 7th was the key round in this fight, not the 9th. Fury looked well in control even though I had the fight even at that point, and in that round he stopped all that momentum in its tracks.

What I will say is fury really stepped in the gas those 3 rounds 4/5/6. He can’t fight at that pace all fight, he can’t out cardio usyk and Usyk makes all of his opponents work harder than he does. If fury triggers the rematch I can see him going balls out for the stoppage, shit or bust. I think that’s his best chance but it’s more likely he gets slept when he gasses.

mostly a draw. I scored one round a draw and seemingly a lot of other people thought that round wasn't a draw. I made it a draw round because it was very even and it brings balance to the scoring to just make one round a draw if it is not fully apparent.

They virtually never score rounds a draw, as weird as that might be.

Yeah the first 3 rounds I scored to usyk. Fury did absolutely nothing, usyk was landing, mainly to the body but still landing. Next 3 clearly fury and and the 7th was close but usyk landed better shots again imo

The 7th was the key round in this fight, not the 9th. Fury looked well in control even though I had the fight even at that point, and in that round he stopped all that momentum in its tracks.

What I will say is fury really stepped in the gas those 3 rounds 4/5/6. He can’t fight at that pace all fight, he can’t out cardio usyk and Usyk makes all of his opponents work harder than he does. If fury triggers the rematch I can see him going balls out for the stoppage, shit or bust. I think that’s his best chance but it’s more likely he gets slept when he gasses.
As in shape as he wa he’s still out of shape (Fury). I haven’t rewarches his fight against Klitchko dancing around the ring more than he has done ever since (IIRC!).

Point is, if he had stamina befitting a champion he would be favourite 10 times out of 10 against Usyk. Credit to Usuk though, he really shouldn’t be able to achieve this and it’s remarkable he could pull it off. Bravo.

This is a classic British scorecard where you save your fighter by giving them a 10-10 round when they clearly lost. Rounds 1 and 11 were not remotely close.
"My fighter????" I was rooting for Usyk.

Compubox had fury landing one more punch than usyk in the 1st (while throwing twice as many), and Usyk landing and throwing just one more punch in the 11th.

That's the definition of "close." If I were to be forced to "give it to someone" those rounds would be split, and the result would be the same.

Giving those 10-9 to either fighter the great work betrays the rounds which were won objectively.

Seems like the boxing orgs could easily fix long counts by just giving the referee some kind of stopwatch or timer.

Maybe even a fancy one that's connected via Bluetooth or something so the count can be displayed on a screen straight from the ref's watch.

I'm sure the details could be figured out and it would remove completely all the arguments over fast/slow counts.

But of course that makes it harder to fix fights, so boxing will continue to be corrupt and just rely on humans counting speed
i swear some of you havent got a fucking clue what the rules of boxing are

its a 10 count, its not a 10 second count

I said the details would need to be worked out. This is just one of those details.

It doesn't have to be 10 seconds. The point is to use some kind of consistent timer. If the boxing regulators decide a 10 count should take 15 seconds, then give the refs a timer that counts every 1.5 seconds.

Then all refs would be more consistent

I said the details would need to be worked out. This is just one of those details.

It doesn't have to be 10 seconds. The point is to use some kind of consistent timer. If the boxing regulators decide a 10 count should take 15 seconds, then give the refs a timer that counts every 1.5 seconds.

you sound like my son, who watched the fight at the weekend, and didnt understand why someone can get 9 points in a round in which they do very little

the rules have been this way for fucking years, boxing isnt broken, its the new idiotic fans that are broken

I think I had it 115-112 for Usyk and I could also see 114-113 for Usyk as well. I can't see 114-113 for Fury. I can't find 7 rounds to give to Fury.

It is 10 seconds, thats why the ref looks at the timekeeper to pick up his count. True it can be interrupted but the 10 count is 10 seconds on the timekeepers clock.

They do use a constant timer, the timekeeper starts the count when a fighter goes down, the ref picks up his count.

It is 10 seconds, thats why the ref looks at the timekeeper to pick up his count. True it can be interrupted but the 10 count is 10 seconds on the timekeepers clock.
its not, the ref picks up the count from the timekeeper but after that its the refs count, otherwise they wouldnt have the refs pick up the count

They do use a constant timer, the timekeeper starts the count when a fighter goes down, the ref picks up his count.
we all know it isn't 10 seconds. that's why we often bitch about slow counts and the refs taking their time, or rushing things.

i don't personally have a problem with the way it's currently done, but there isn't any real logical reasoning for not implementing a digital timer, other than "we've always been doing it this way". which, to be honest, is not a very good argument.

i guess it'd be a lot less romantic.

we all know it isn't 10 seconds. that's why we often bitch about slow counts and the refs taking their time, or rushing things.

i don't personally have a problem with the way it's currently done, but there isn't any real logical reasoning for not implementing a digital timer, other than "we've always been doing it this way". which, to be honest, is not a very good argument.

i guess it'd be a lot less romantic.
If done properly and assuming there's no interruption, the timekeeper should be counting with the clock and the ref is supposed to pick up the time from the timekeeper. The ref doesn't just make up some number, he's supposed to pick up the timekeepers count. In some places, they even have a mic on the timekeeper.

If done properly and assuming there's no interruption, the timekeeper should be counting with the clock and the ref is supposed to pick up the time from the timekeeper. The ref doesn't just make up some number, he's supposed to pick up the timekeepers count. In some places, they even have a mic on the timekeeper.
i know they're not supposed to, but they are still just counting. unless the mic is on the timekeeper, it's the speed of the count is at the ref's discretion.

He doesn’t have many fans left after his antics the last 18-24 months, but most of his remaining fans seem delusional and are insufferable. The poster in this thread trying to argue a 9-9 score for the 9th round is a typical fury fan!
They just want to be contrarians. Usyk very clearly won the fight, and to top it off had the ref not stepped in the way Fury likely would have been knocked out.

The round 9 made quite the difference in this fight. It was close for sure however I can't see a Fury win due to the KD. He blew the early rounds that cost him bigly. There were many close ones (first three and last round). I think Usyk nicked it and deserved the win.

I had it:

R1 - Usyk
R2 - Usyk
R3 - Fury
R4 - Fury
R5 - Fury
R6 - Fury
R7 - Fury
R8 - Usyk
R9 - Usyk
R10 - Usyk
R11 - Usyk
R12 - Fury

114-113.

With some adjustments I think Fury could win a rematch considering how well he was doing in the mid rounds but Usyk seems to adapt and will feel a sense of confidence after dominating the latter half. For me, Tyson Fury clearly has the tools but needs to get rid of John Fury.. This was a game and very good Fury. I'd feel confident with Peter Fury working the corner or perhaps as his trainer he could beat Usyk. He has common sense and a no nonsense approach. I'll have to rewind it back but I remember thinking the corner advice was not great, and argue it somewhat cost him the fight.

Back