Who disgraced himself the most with a single act in the octagon?

I could give a F about people not shaking hands, or that kind of thing. Who cares? They just spent however long inside a steel cage trying to render another human unconcsious. That can do weird things to your emotions, so I'm not going to judge someone for something so minor.

For me, it's a two-way tie -

Starnes -

I watched that Quarry fight with a local pro who kept getting damn close to a UFC fight, but couldn't quite make it. He would have gladly cut his nuts off to be in that fight (or any UFC fight) and would have put on the best show he could possibly give. So watching Starnes literally turn his back and sprint away the whole fight, and waste his opportunity really made me sick. Kaleb "I was doing the Schuab-shutdown before doing the Schuab shut down was cool" Starnes ...

Even funnier that he said he was doing it in protest of the UFC because the fighters didn't have things like health insurance, and Dana announced the new health insurance plan like a week later.

Palhares -

I don't quite hate him like some do. I think he has some legitimate mental health issues that have not been properly addressed. That said, you HAVE to let go when the ref tells you to let go. Especially with leg-locks. Whether or not he was trying to end careers is irrelevant. He was holding on to subs WAY too long and that's exactly how you end careers.

Bob Schrijber - Axe kick to groin

Bob Schrijber - Axe kick Curb Stomp on Dajiro Matsui

One glove jimmerson

He wore one glove so he could tap out WHEN Royce subbed him. (Though he tapped before Royce even attempted a sub. )

He didn't want to take the fight but needed money for a down payment for his house, he was a ranked boxer so the UFC paid him about $25k as I recall.

He showed up without knowing the rules and was shocked that the fight would be allowed to continue on the ground rather than be stood up like most other combat sports, so he chose to wear one glove to protect his hand (I think he had a big boxing match coming up possibly a title shot) and took the other glove off so that the ref could see him tap out.

As for early UFC disasters Fred Ettish had it rough. A black belt who had probably never been in a real fight in his life and he got fucking demolished. He actually returned to fight anothef MMA match 20+ years later and as I recall won the fight.

Everything this guy did in the UFC, besides the Belcher fight...
57a31f3d6c644d9a51140c40d5194e0e.jpg
Can you believe he popped for steroids? Shocking!

Must have been tainted supplements...

BJ Penn to the death Georges and quitting between round... I have nothing against fighter quitting in fight but if you call your opponent a front runner and a quitter and then proceed to quit between round you are a disgrace
I've already posted this a million times so I have little hope of people recognizing facts at this point but...

HIS CORNER called the fight. Yes BJ was done, had nothing left and had been getting beaten senseless (by the GOAT who was a weightclass higher and much bigger and stronger) but BJ did not quit. People say "well he didn't say he wanted to fight" etc but he was completely drained and simply didn't muster a response, not the same as quitting, BJ was there and he would have gone out there and taken his licks in the 5th (and probably gotten tkoed) but his coach saved him the brain damage.
Watch his Nick and Rory fights, BJ went out for the final rounds in those fights having already been demolished and having NO CHANCE to win, but he took his MANY beatings like a man. He may be lazy and have not lived up to his hype and potential but he isn't a quitter.

He wore one glove so he could tap out WHEN Royce subbed him. (Though he tapped before Royce even attempted a sub. )

He didn't want to take the fight but needed money for a down payment for his house, he was a ranked boxer so the UFC paid him about $25k as I recall.

He showed up without knowing the rules and was shocked that the fight would be allowed to continue on the ground rather than be stood up like most other combat sports, so he chose to wear one glove to protect his hand (I think he had a big boxing match coming up possibly a title shot) and took the other glove off so that the ref could see him tap out.

As for early UFC disasters Fred Ettish had it rough. A black belt who had probably never been in a real fight in his life and he got fucking demolished. He actually returned to fight anothef MMA match 20+ years later and as I recall won the fight.
Yeah Fred had a fucking nightmare that day, I remember him on his back with one leg in the air in a defensive position and blood all over his face, butt scooting along the floor with a look of absolute disbelief at what was happening.
Felt bad for him, I'll not lie.

I'll chip in with Gerard Gordeau, gouged his opponents eye so bad he blinded him.
Yuki-Nakai-eye-after-Gerard-Gordeau-fight.jpg

1. Jon Jones
2. Matt wideman
3. Kalib starnes
4. Forrest Griffin
5. 209 thugs jumping mayhem
6. War machine

Yeah Fred had a fucking nightmare that day, I remember him on his back with one leg in the air in a defensive position and blood all over his face, butt scooting along the floor with a look of absolute disbelief at what was happening.
Fred still posts, maybe not here, but he's very active on other forums.... iirc, he recently stated he would sign to fight Mr punk...... (as would probably any of us.)

Ran all the way to a UD. God, I love the salt that still exists. Fight was scored correctly. Game planning doesn't equal running.

Diaztards still present.

Meh it was disgraceful because condit a guy who usually comes to fight and calls himself natural born killer ran away. You can sugar coat it and try to smear it in 'diaztards' face all you want but you know its a fact that condit did not want to fight diaz.

Fred still posts, maybe not here, but he's very active on other forums.... iirc, he recently stated he would sign to fight Mr punk...... (as would probably any of us.)
Yes. .. he said he would love to fight cm punk, lol. Sounds like a fun undercard fight.

probably already posted

but he ran away for at least 5 minutes. zero offense
lz1gn.jpg

A humbling moment that is an example of how groundbreaking early MMA was.

For him to get back in the cage after that experience... I have nothing but respect.

I could give a F about people not shaking hands, or that kind of thing. Who cares? They just spent however long inside a steel cage trying to render another human unconcsious. That can do weird things to your emotions, so I'm not going to judge someone for something so minor.

For me, it's a two-way tie -

Starnes -

I watched that Quarry fight with a local pro who kept getting damn close to a UFC fight, but couldn't quite make it. He would have gladly cut his nuts off to be in that fight (or any UFC fight) and would have put on the best show he could possibly give. So watching Starnes literally turn his back and sprint away the whole fight, and waste his opportunity really made me sick. Kaleb "I was doing the Schuab-shutdown before doing the Schuab shut down was cool" Starnes ...

Even funnier that he said he was doing it in protest of the UFC because the fighters didn't have things like health insurance, and Dana announced the new health insurance plan like a week later.

Paul Harris -

I don't quite hate him like some do. I think he has some legitimate mental health issues that have not been properly addressed. That said, you HAVE to let go when the ref tells you to let go. Especially with leg-locks. Whether or not he was trying to end careers is irrelevant. He was holding on to subs WAY too long and that's exactly how you end careers.

At least learn to spell the mans name. .. corrected for you.

Back