Who do you rate higher on the all time list, Chuck Liddell or Dan Henderson?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
When I first got into MMA Chuck and Dan instantly became two of my favorites. Back in the early 2000s almost all fighters prided themselves on being anytime-anywhere fighters, but Chuck and Dan were only a handful of guys who actually meant it. Of all the fights that never happened between the early legends this is the one that saddens me the most because Chuck vs Dan would have been a guaranteed barnburner.

Anyhow, my question is who do you guys rate higher on the all time list between Chuck and Dan?
images~2.jpeg

Ifyt1FH.jpg

In a career retrospective, I think Chuck edges it out. Chuck was the face of the UFC for a few years and his storyline about avenging all of his losses (up until Rampage), etc, was a cornerstone in building the UFC. It's tough though because his career had such a dramatic drop off.
Dan finished as a 2x Pride champ and a Strikeforce champ with a ton of notable wins: Wandy, Fedor, Shogun, and Bisping are probably his biggest. He has some spectacular finishes and although his career had a ton of peaks and valleys he has a legacy of being competitive even as a 45+ year old.
It depends on what you're looking for. Chuck's run from like 03-06 was legendary for the company and he did a lot to build up the UFC and MMA generally, but 07-09 were rough years for him. Dan has some incredible fights and wins with championships in Pride and Strikeforce, but he lost his 3 title fights in the UFC and never seemed to dominate an era of MMA. I think Chuck's domination puts him higher on the list, but it was genuinely hard to decide.

Anyhow, my question is who do you guys rate higher on the all time list between Chuck and Dan?
Henderson has 6 top ten ranked wins at Light Heavyweight.
Liddell has 8 top ten ranked wins at Light Heavyweight.

If you eliminate their shared wins at LHW, it ultimately boils down to Ortiz x2 and Couture x2 compared to Shogun x2, and I consider the former being stronger for a resume than the latter.

Therefore, Liddell > Henderson @ LHW (I don't engage in P4P discussions).

Hendo -

More Fights in his Career
MUCH Better Ending to his Career
More Organizations
More Weight Classes
More Titles/Accomplishments -

Greco Roman wrestler: Hendo won three senior national titles, a junior world title and represented the United States in both the 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games

MMA: the Brazil Open '97 Tournament Champion, the UFC 17 Middleweight Tournament Champion, the Rings: King of Kings 1999 Tournament Champion, Pride FC: Welterweight Grand Prix Tournament Champion, Middleweight & Welterweight Champion, Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion, Oldest Combatant to fight for UFC Championship at 46 (almost knocked Bisping the fuck out again)

MMA's Greatest Knockout -

Last edited:
Henderson has 6 top ten ranked wins at Light Heavyweight.
Liddell has 8 top ten ranked wins at Light Heavyweight.

If you eliminate their shared wins at LHW, it ultimately boils down to Ortiz x2 and Couture x2 compared to Shogun x2, and I consider the former being stronger for a resume than the latter.

Therefore, Liddell > Henderson @ LHW (I don't engage in P4P discussions).

Lol one of Chuck Liddell's wins is Paul Jones. Is that supposed to be a better win than Wanderlei Silva?

Back