Who does Poatan have a better chance at beating for the HW belt? Jones or Aspinall?

Who does Poatan have a better chance at beating for the HW belt?

• Total voters
I think Jones has a great chin, comparable reach to Alex and is the far better wrestler. I really dont see Alex making it through a round against Jon, unless Jon tries to outstrike him to prove a point, which would be a terrible gameplan.

Jones couldn't get Reyes down once, and couldn't keep Thiago Santos down, and arguably lost in the striking to both.

What makes you think he could keep Poatan down ... or have a snowball's chance in hell of out-striking him?

Poatan's grappling probably is as bad and even worse than Gane so Jones will be the worst match for him

Jones has fought a who’s who of powerful strikers and never looked rocked or dropped from a strike. He understands distance too well and when to initiate the clinch and takedown. Jones would drown him most of you are too blinded by your dislike of Jones outside the cage to give an honest take as to how he would fare.

Over the past decade and a half I’ve been on these boards watching you all try to tell me how “(Fighterx) will finally expose jones.” They won’t he’s the best to ever do it and is too good at literally every conceivable facet of the sport. GOAT shit. Any other fighter is easier for Alex at HW just insert a name.
you dont really need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out
thank you very well said

I’m not ignoring the Gane fight, it’s pretty significant. I think Jones could do the same to Alex too even though I hate Jones and would love to see Alex smash him.
I think you've missed my point.

Thiago Santos went this route. It was all going great until it wasn't.

Don't remember that fight more than Thiago tearing both knees completely. Also Poatan has the most lethal calf kicks in the game. There's calf kicks and then there's Poatans calf kicks.

I think you've missed my point.
No, I just don’t think it’s much of a point. Jones completely outgrappled and dominated the last high level striker with limited grappling he faced. There’s no reason to suspect he wouldn’t do it again. That was his very last fight.

He made a career of outgrappling high level wrestlers. I don’t think you can let a couple of low effort performances he still won while in the middle of an addiction say much, especially when his last fight was a dominant grappling match where he won and made it look easy. Anybody Jon couldn’t grapple at least had some kind of wrestling background while Alex does not. I think the Gane result would be the likely outcome personally although I doubt Alex would look AS bad.

Tom telegraphs everything. Of course it’s Tom. Or the most versatile fighter of all time who has never lost and fought the best.

Or Tom Aspinall who is a 500 fighter after round 1.

Tough decision

jones absolutley sucks so I picked him

We don’t know how good Jones is at HW because the Gane fight was nothing, sadly. We don’t know how well Pereira does at HW. On a good day he can beat both of them, on a bad day they make it look like he doesn’t belong. Also, Jones will fight neither Tom or Alex. When he heals and sorts out his business with the police, he will face Stipe and retire. You think they are keeping Stipe in the rankings due to his bravery in the firehouse?
stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
all title fights
the hardest fights

u can just obviously decide on their skillsets on who is better

jon jones by a mile

jones literaly striked with the best strikers
the best wrestlers
he beat em all

now alex pereira? dude got taken down by izzy and jan wahahah
ffs dude
if jones gets a hold on him 1 time the fight is over
and please dont tell me jones cant hold him because hes the best striker
this fight is 1 sided asf..
you mean pereira cant strike comfortably because of jones takedown threats?

Jones couldn't get Reyes down once, and couldn't keep Thiago Santos down, and arguably lost in the striking to both.

What makes you think he could keep Poatan down ... or have a snowball's chance in hell of out-striking him?
jones outwrestled an olympian
pereira got taken down by izzy and jan wahahah
wahahahha

are u gonna tell me that pereira would submit jones because jones is only a purple belt
and pereira is a blackbelt right hahaha
wahahaha

tf are you smoking bro?
arent you even scared for pereira?
if this fight happens jones would absoulutley be motivated
pereira is a big name right now and is a 2 division world champ
you should be scared for your boy pereira

bro pereira got ktfou by izzy have u forgotten?
i bet jones would snap izzy like a twig and pereira at the same night
and im serious about it

Would have had said Aspinall if the HW version of Jon didn't look like he got off the couch.

We still don't know how good Jon really is at HW since Gane has the worst wrestling TDD every in HW history.

stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
all title fights
the hardest fights

u can just obviously decide on their skillsets on who is better

jon jones by a mile

jones literaly striked with the best strikers
the best wrestlers
he beat em all

now alex pereira? dude got taken down by izzy and jan wahahah
ffs dude
if jones gets a hold on him 1 time the fight is over
and please dont tell me jones cant hold him because hes the best striker
this fight is 1 sided asf..
you mean pereira cant strike comfortably because of jones takedown threats?
It’s a fantasy matchup dude. You’re getting worked up over nothing.
I love Stipe, was always a fan, but he is in the rankings after 3 years of inactivity just because of Jon. I don’t mind, let them both get paid big one more time, but the belt should be Tom’s to get. Jones should be fighting Tom and Alex should be fighting Ankalaev.

Jones wouldnt dare to exchange with him, Aspinall would, either way fight is over in 1 round.

If they want to make the best fight for a jump to HW, Book Perieira Vs Cereal Gane.

If they want to make a hard fight for him, it would be Blaydes or Jones.

They have sheltered him from wrestlers like nobody else I can remember....

Whichever one is silly enough to stand with him.

No, I just don’t think it’s much of a point. Jones completely outgrappled and dominated the last high level striker with limited grappling he faced. There’s no reason to suspect he wouldn’t do it again. That was his very last fight.

He made a career of outgrappling high level wrestlers. I don’t think you can let a couple of low effort performances he still won while in the middle of an addiction say much, especially when his last fight was a dominant grappling match where he won and made it look easy. Anybody Jon couldn’t grapple at least had some kind of wrestling background while Alex does not. I think the Gane result would be the likely outcome personally although I doubt Alex would look AS bad.

He struggled lots towards the end of his LHW career and couldn't out wrestle some of the larger guys. He arguably lost some of those matches too. He is no longer a dominant grappler, and clearly depended on his PEDs to give him the gas tank to implement it over 5 round fights.

Back