Who else carries a blade at all times?

A BIC pen is real deal. You can do some serious damage if you strike the vital areas like eyes, throat, inside the ears, etc. Basically any soft area, even an uppercut type of strike to the groin. If you have to travel on a plane its not a bad thing to have also. Better then nothing.

I carry a knife every time I leave the house. I rotate what I carry but most of the time I carry a plain edged Spyderco Endura Wave.

SPYDERCO%20ENDURA%20WAVE.JPG

I highly recommend it for SD applications

lava.jpg

lavahand.jpg

Spyderco Lava, great little knife, gets all my daily tasks done.

Used to work landscaping/construction and got into the habit of keeping a razor at all times, generally a husky or craftsman

Whoa, you must be cool. I dont think most people carry a knife for stabbing people. Especially people as badass as you. They are useful tools, and come in handy. If one was needed to save a life, that works also. I have news for you. If you think that you would be able to draw a firearm, under a close quarter sudden attack, your sadly mistaken. In law enforcement, there is a rule called the 21 foot rule, and it has been proven that a officer cant draw a gun and get a clean shot off when a attacker with a knife is within 21 feet. This is only for trained officers and doesnt take into account your extreme level of awsomeness.

And I also have a gun on me at most times, legaly of course, the knife is for opening shit, cutting apples, etc.
Good stuff.

I carry my Kershaw any place I can do so, without it being an issue. Knives are utilitarian, and mine has seen a lot of action over the last 5 years of ownership. I worked a construction project, and damned if it was not worth its weight in gold most days.

I need to go knife shopping. I'd like to have one. A nice one.

Just got this for my B'day last month:

Knives.jpg

That bottom pocket knife never leaves my possession.

Kinda already posted this in the "show us your shit" thread, but what the hell. I picked up this SOG Tech Bowie in TiNi at the end of January:

SOGTechBowie.jpg

to trudge i carry a knife because i cant carry a gun, i would much rather have a sub compact .45 with hollow points. but anyways i carry because ive been jumped by 3 dudes because they thought i tried to hit their car. they knocked me down and started kicking me. dislocated my jaw and i thought they were going to kill me. and that was the worst time. ive gotten jumped a few other times for shit that was totally out of my zone. i was able to run a few times but you cant always run. i now carry a knife, and a bic pen. i would like to see the next person who tries to kick me get away with their leg. some people have legitaite reasons to carry.

This is something that Trudge just doesn't get, and probably never will.

I always carry a switchblade.

Never know when you'll need to cut someone... or more likely open up a box.

I carry a knife(S&W HRT) at pretty much all times but more as a practical tool for utilitarian purposes. My Smith and Wesson 340PD in .357 magnum is my most commonly carried defensive weapon. I wouldn;t rule out anything as being useful for self defense, but the chances of my knife coming into play for self defense are slim to none. Guns are way more practical for protection. If your state lets you carry, I suggest getting trained and doing so.(provided you're a sane and responsible individual because if you're not I'd rather you don't have a knife either. Or even a car you can fuck up and kill someone with)

i have an interesting question.

say you carry a switch blade, and some punk comes to mug you with a blade of his own. you both lunge, you slice his jugular, and hes bleeding to death on the ground, no chance of survival.

do you
A. call the cops and wait for them to come and you explain the situation
B. gtfo

?

Smith-Wesson-SWHRT9B-rw-10644-7979.jpg

That's the bad boy that I carry in the winter in my inside jacket pocket (I wear a peacoat) and in the summer I carry a nice sized pocket knife I got from my mom (who has sinced passed away). Only place I don't take it is to work because I wouldn't be allowed in the building.

i have an interesting question.

say you carry a switch blade, and some punk comes to mug you with a blade of his own. you both lunge, you slice his jugular, and hes bleeding to death on the ground, no chance of survival.

do you
A. call the cops and wait for them to come and you explain the situation
B. gtfo

?

If he attacked me and there aren't any witnesses, I'm out. Fuck 'em.

Here is my current blade "play-list"

Spyderco Stretch FRN Handle
C90BK_M.jpg

Benchmade 950 Rift
knives_benchmade_rift_matte.jpg

Sog Trident TF-7
212445108.jpg

Sog Seal Pup Elite
SOG37ESN.jpg

Kershaw Packrat
Kershaw-Packrat-1665ST-600x513.jpg

and my new baby which will be here next week: Spyderco H1 Warrior