Who from TUF will stick in the UFC

Son of Sonnen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I got Uriah, Kelvin, Dylan, Clint, Josh and I am on the fence on Jimmy. Who do you guys think will be around for more than a cup of coffee.

There's no way Josh is going to last in the UFC. I'll say two guys max.

Its not often you see someone kill their own thread with an accurate post lol.

Its so much fun to see how much fighters have improved (or not) since there stay at the house. Once the finale comes you can see a marked improvement in some fighters games. Just better versions of themselves. I have high hopes for clinton, despite what the show portrayed as having zero ground game. He is a powerful striker with immense athleticism and a huge ceiling imo, cant wait to see him fight next very impressed with his scrambles and sub defence.

Uriah - Kelvin - Luke

that's it. Maybe, maybe Tor (he has more than just his skills to keep him around - being Swedish... lol)

Clint needs to seriously work on his ground game to stick around

hmmmm I'd like to see all of them stay, but realistically, I would say Tor, Kelvin, Luke, Uriah maybe Josh and maybe Jimmy
don't think Clint will make it

At 185? Josh Samman, Uriah Hall, Tor

At 170? Clint Hester, Dylan Andrews, Gilbert Smith and Kelvin Gastelum

Rashad Evans has a good chance to make it.

Upper tier: Uriah, Kelvin.
Potential upper tier: Clint, Josh.
Mid tier: Tor, Dylan and Luke.

Tor, Dylan and Luke might not be the best fighters in the UFC, but their styles and nationality helps them getting nice matchups and fun fights. They'll be like Pearson is now. Good guy, with nice fights but never a title contender.

Uriah and Kelvin are both already good fighters, and could make noise at 185 or 170 (Kelvin)
Clint and Josh, with good training, could become real threats to, the talent is there.

Kelvin, Uriah, Tor. possibly Dylan, Collin and Jimmy though i doubt it.

4 sure : Hall , Josh , Kelvin
Most likely : Dylan (Any card in Autstralia he's on it ) , Bubba , Tor (will be on all the european card) , Zack , Clint , Colin , Jimmy , Luke (unless he stay in the U.S he'll be on all european card)
Maybe if he drop weightclass : Gilbert
Not likely : Casey , cella (already cut)

Upper tier: Uriah, Kelvin.
Potential upper tier: Clint, Josh.
Mid tier: Tor, Dylan and Luke.

Tor, Dylan and Luke might not be the best fighters in the UFC, but their styles and nationality helps them getting nice matchups and fun fights. They'll be like Pearson is now. Good guy, with nice fights but never a title contender.

Uriah and Kelvin are both already good fighters, and could make noise at 185 or 170 (Kelvin)
Clint and Josh, with good training, could become real threats to, the talent is there.

completely agree with you, maybe bubba can stay for a while as well if he beats gilbert, his record is decent + he is a friend of JBJ

At 185? Josh Samman, Uriah Hall, Tor

At 170? Clint Hester, Dylan Andrews, Gilbert Smith and Kelvin Gastelum

I doubt Hester can cut anymore weight. I think a lot of people are counting Quinlan out because of his last fight. I'd like to think he could make a good run.

I doubt Hester can cut anymore weight. I think a lot of people are counting Quinlan out because of his last fight. I'd like to think he could make a good run.

I really like Jimmy and hope he makes the proper adjustments. He has to work on his standup. While his ground is top notch, he takes too much damage getting there.

I really like Jimmy and hope he makes the proper adjustments. He has to work on his standup. While his ground is top notch, he takes too much damage getting there.

Jimmy doesn't strike enough when he goes to the ground. That would open up more subs for him. I think if he can incorporate better striking he'd have a good chance.

Back