Who has 5 BILLION dollars to buy the UFC?

Doesn't baseball have like 162 games a season?
I'm amazed you knew that, actually. No offense, you just don't strike me as the kind of person who enjoys baseball.

Regardless, they can have as many games as they want. UFC fighters spend more time training and their job is significantly more physically demanding - even in a sport in its infancy, should they really pay fighters less than 50% of the gross revenue? Come on.

Dana White
"I was never in this for the money ever"..."Let me be honest with you...There was one [offer] for $5 billion."

Dana and company turned down $5 billion and sold for an amount they felt better about, almost like charity really, 4.2 billion. This makes no sense on so many levels. However if true than I expect WME/IMG to be cashing out when the going gets tough.
Dana White
"I was never in this for the money ever"..."Let me be honest with you...There was one [offer] for $5 billion."

Dana and company turned down $5 billion and sold for an amount they felt better about, almost like charity really, 4.2 billion. This makes no sense on so many levels. However if true than I expect WME/IMG to be cashing out when the going gets tough.

The UFC has $1.8 billion in debt because of the WME-IMG deal.

The UFC has some major debts due circa 2021 or sooner.

WME-IMG will be lucky to avoid bankruptcy.

I'm amazed you knew that, actually. No offense, you just don't strike me as the kind of person who enjoys baseball.

Regardless, they can have as many games as they want. UFC fighters spend more time training and their job is significantly more physically demanding - even in a sport in its infancy, should they really pay fighters less than 50% of the gross revenue? Come on.
Well, like I said, the UFC is still in its infancy, without a union to distribute the gross revenue, the UFC will continue to split the revenue down 80/20 or 75/25 between the owners/fighters.

Dana and never in it for the money
heh_zps167096b6.gif
His job would kick ass, why cant it be both? He didnt start for the money thats for sure. Im sure it plays a big factor now that hes tasted it though.

Exactly lol

Then they also want the fighters to market themselves

it's like fking slave labour lol

Dana never for money?
What is this, April Fools?

White Satan is always Greedy!

Dana never for money?
What is this, April Fools?

White Satan is always Greedy!

His job would kick ass, why cant it be both? He didnt start for the money thats for sure. Im sure it plays a big factor now that hes tasted it though.
I never said that it wasn't both, I am sure that he does love this sport but i doubt that if he wasn't making as much money off it he would be so inclined to keep doing it. As would anyone else.

Not sure why it's so hard to believe. I mean, Dana and the Fertittas are already stupidly rich and don't have to worry about money. It's not exactly a reach to say that a deal could have better benefits overall despite less money. This is one of those stupid topics that come up because kids on this site think more money is automatically a better deal.

bunch of internet business experts In this thread.

Hit ari up. I'm sure he needs you all to avoid impeding disaster

Zukerberg could buy but we all know what he would do: he would fire Dana and claim he invented MMA altogether...

It's not that anyone has 5 bill......its financing. WME got investors and had financing from banks to buy the UFC

Back