Who Has faster hands: Aspinall or Gane

Vairloff

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Everyone writing after the fight that Aspinall Has fastest hands at HW.
What about Gane?
Power for sure goes to Aspinall, but precision and speed goes to Gane i think.

Aspinall. He's actually quite a bit quicker than Gane. Both his hands and his feet are, he's much more explosive too.

Gane has better technique and maybe better footwork, and he is fast for a heavyweight, but there's no comparison.

Gane moves like a good LHW. Aspinall moves like a god damned LW. It's nuts.

That's such a great matchup, too bad Gane probably has no chance of keeping it standing very long.

Gane kicks more and is more diverse in his striking. Tom is faster and has much more power.

But more importantly than that, Tom can grapple and Gane can’t. So Tom wins via strangulation rd 1.

Aspinall is the fastest heavyweight on the UFC roster.

I've never heard of him before, he reminds me of Aleksandr Emelianenko, the boy has fast fast hands

As soon as Gane tries to put some power behind his punches or when he tries to finish someone, he flails like Ngannou.
Because of the same trainer. He only looks good jabbing or 1-2ing around

Honestly think the Aspinall speed hype is recency bias. Gane is probably quicker or atleast a bigger guy with the same speed. Pavlovich isn't a nimble guy so he makes others look fast.

Reactions: CPH
I think the big issue is WHAT they are throwing, big difference between a jab and the kind of punches which dropped Sergei.

Besides grappling I feel Gane's main weakness is he doesnt look to have one shot fight ending power, he basically looked to break people down with a jab and lowkicks then unload on them when their beaten up for the finish. Its much harder to keep a grappler off of you if they do not fear being ended with a single shot on the way in.

Last edited:
Back