• Marvin Vettori

• Mark Hunt

• Max Holloway

• Roy Nelson

• John Lineker

• Carlos Condit

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Best chins of all time skew towards heavyweights, since you're absorbing larger hits. Hunto was granite till Manhoef and still had a chin of steel right up till the end of his career minus his run in with capoeira JDS.

Werdum and Overeem also KO'd him.

Hunt took 2 head kicks from prime Cro Cop and didn't get KOd

tumblr_miehobcnkt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

53166_o.gif
#1 and #2 (no particular order) both #1 even
with out question

But dudes whole premise was Hunt took shots from all these guys bigger than him and ate them (though hes been ko'd clean before) yet yet yet Hunt gets KO'd by a MW, who is much smaller than Hunt, who couldn't even finish Robbie with any strikes, who is a ww.
Wait, whose premise?

Nogueira & Diaz brothers should be on the list

Who ever I was replying too. Maybe you, maybe not. I'm not about to go see who it was.

Just because Hunt got knocked out by Manhoef (who isn't just "some middleweight" by the way) this is Melvin Manhoef we're talking about. Who, in 32 victories knocked out 29 opponents. If you think Lawler has a better chin than Mark Hunt because they shared a common opponent, or that because Ngannou hasn't fought Manhoef therefore he hasn't been knocked out by him makes him have a better chin than Mark Hunt, you need to rethink the line of thinking.

If you don't think Mark Hunt surviving clean Cro Cop head kicks in two fights or Roy Nelson eating a clean right hook by Lewis while out of position qualifies them to be in the discussion of having the best chin in MMA just because they were knocked out before, I don't know what does.

Just because Hunt got knocked out by Manhoef (who isn't just "some middleweight" by the way) this is Melvin Manhoef we're talking about. Who, in 32 victories knocked out 29 opponents. If you think Lawler has a better chin than Mark Hunt because they shared a common opponent, or that because Ngannou hasn't fought Manhoef therefore he hasn't been knocked out by him makes him have a better chin than Mark Hunt, you need to rethink the line of thinking.

If you don't think Mark Hunt surviving clean Cro Cop head kicks in two fights or Roy Nelson eating a clean right hook by Lewis while out of position qualifies them to be in the discussion of having the best chin in MMA just because they were knocked out before, I don't know what does.
Well when their premise is that hunt and roy have the best chin fighting guys bigger than them, the whole getting ko'd by a smaller guy throws a wrench in their theory. And ngannou has never been ko'd so he should be ranked higher than hunt and nelson following that dude's logic.

I never understood why people put Hunt above Nelson. I always thought Nelson had a more impressive chin and never saw him go out cold in a fight either. Hunt we have

Hunto literally deleted Nelson.

Must be Nelson or Hunt.
Many times we all watched in awe, wondering "how the hell is this man still alive? (Let alone fighting back and even getting the win by stoppage, so many times).
Agreed bro. Those are my top 2 absolutely. They are in their own tier. They proved it against the hardest hitters. If this was a video game, their chin rating would be 100.

Next tier would be guys like Fujita, Cabbage, Rampage, Penn, Holloway, Condit. They would be rated a 99

Hunt thoroughly dominated the stand up for that fight. Roy Nelson couldn't even land anything significant.
Yeah, I agree with you. Hunt won because he is the more skilled striker and has insane power. He was literally a professional kickboxer, one of the best in the world. He set that uppercut up very nice. He saw Roy leaning to that side and executed.

Now I do think Hunt is 1A and Nelson is 1B when it comes to chins. They are the top two chins ever but I don't base anything on their fight. That was skill, not chin

Back