• Roy Nelson

• John Lineker

• Carlos Condit

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
tumblr_miehobcnkt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

It's Hunto and not even close.

Melvin_Manhoef_vs_Mark_Hunt.gif

Which makes this even more impressive. One of those kos that is more shocking afterwards.

One underrated one not mentioned yet is Jones, never really affected much by anything landed on him

Of course, it's hard to land clean on him between his reach and elite eye poke technique, but still
I got a feeling Jones chin is comparable to silvas, it looks really good but it's actually that they are extremely hard to hit and really they have an average chin.

Best chins of all time skew towards heavyweights, since you're absorbing larger hits. Hunto was granite till Manhoef and still had a chin of steel right up till the end of his career minus his run in with capoeira JDS. I put him over Nelson because he won the fight between them by KOing Roy.
Holloway if you're looking at it pure numbers wise, but a 120lb difference in mass hitting you is pretty substantial.
It took a fighter jet to put Max to sleep
Lytle had 50+ fights and was never stopped, his two TKO losses are due to cuts.
Shane Carwin had a hell of a chin, I don't recall ever seeing him fazed even though he was throwing hands with the biggest of boys.

Must be Nelson or Hunt.
Many times we all watched in awe, wondering "how the hell is this man still alive? (Let alone fighting back and even getting the win by stoppage, so many times).

Best chins of all time skew towards heavyweights, since you're absorbing larger hits. Hunto was granite till Manhoef and still had a chin of steel right up till the end of his career minus his run in with capoeira JDS. I put him over Nelson because he won the fight between them by KOing Roy.
Holloway if you're looking at it pure numbers wise, but a 120lb difference in mass hitting you is pretty substantial.
It took a fighter jet to put Max to sleep
Lytle had 50+ fights and was never stopped, his two TKO losses are due to cuts.
Shane Carwin had a hell of a chin, I don't recall ever seeing him fazed even though he was throwing hands with the biggest of boys.
JDS had Carwin hurt at the end of Rd 1

Gonzaga also hurt him right before he rushed in and got slept

I don't know, man. Hunt beat Nelson because he was that much more skilled. He never absorbed Nelson's power. Maybe and probably could have. These guys are just about tied for greatest chins ever. Not just for one shit KO resistances but prolonged beatings that they somehow overcame.
Most guys lose all power and accuracy after eating some leather. These fatsos both stopped many greats after eating that leather with desert. After that I'm sure they went for dinner.

About Carwin, Gonzo dropped him. Then Carwin got up, immediately, and killed him.

JDS had Carwin hurt at the end of Rd 1

Gonzaga also hurt him right before he rushed in and got slept

Gonzaga did stun him with the doubled up right hand.
Yea, JDS mangled him at the end of round 1, totally forgot about that fight.

The eternal question remains: Carwin or Ngannou who was the hardest hitter?

Gonzaga did stun him with the doubled up right hand.
Yea, JDS mangled him at the end of round 1, totally forgot about that fight.

The eternal question remains: Carwin or Ngannou who was the hardest hitter?

Ngannou if you're talking who had the single most powerful strikes (longer arms, more speed)

However I believe Carwin could generate power from short distances like no one I've ever seen

Back