• Marvin Vettori

• Mark Hunt

• Max Holloway

• Roy Nelson

• John Lineker

• Carlos Condit

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Holloway is the only fighter in UFC history to complete 27 octagon appearances without suffering a knockdown. Holloway has absorbed 2,086 significant strikes in UFC competition,"
2086 in 27, holy shit. Over 77 strikes eaten per fight.
That style would never be sustainable in higher weight classes.
Add in training/sparring and this guy probably took over 10k shots to the head. Baffling, really.

This thread needs to be by weight class. Eating a shit ton of shots from JDS isn't the same as eating a shit ton of shots from any FW or LW.
Obviously the strongest chins are heavyweights. Then LHWs and so on. Maybe a few exceptions ell come in, like Henderson being MW and LHW, but the point obviously stands

Best chins of all time skew towards heavyweights, since you're absorbing larger hits. Hunto was granite till Manhoef and still had a chin of steel right up till the end of his career minus his run in with capoeira JDS. I put him over Nelson because he won the fight between them by KOing Roy.
Holloway if you're looking at it pure numbers wise, but a 120lb difference in mass hitting you is pretty substantial.
It took a fighter jet to put Max to sleep
Lytle had 50+ fights and was never stopped, his two TKO losses are due to cuts.
Shane Carwin had a hell of a chin, I don't recall ever seeing him fazed even though he was throwing hands with the biggest of boys.
Gonzaga rocked Carwin pretty badly actually

For me Nelson,couldnt believe shots he was taking in his days.Kicks,knees,punches nothing seemed to hurt him much.Remember that insane shot from Lewis as best example and Roy still standing.Sure Hunt KOd him but so what,he also has losses by KO/TKOs.

But p4p chin goes to Max or Condit

Every time a thread like this comes up, I always end up voting for Roy Nelson. And there's one sequence that solidifies this IMO.
This is an out of prime Roy Nelson, who is out of balance, his head straight back and chin straight out eating a right hook from Lewis that was thrown all the way from his legs. This is as clean of a right hook as you can land in the best possible scenario you can hope for for a knockout.

Yet Roy Neslon didn't even stagger.

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

Relative to weightclass probably Max. Never even been dropped despite eating the most significant strikes of anyone in UFC history.

Others with fantastic chins were dropped multiple times in their prime, and some were KO'ed.

I think Hunt being KO'ed by a 185er really counts against him tbh.

Purely physically I think its Fujita, his technical defence was way worse than Hunt but stuff would just bounce off for years and years until it started to crack.

Nelson had a good chin but I think as much very good recovery heart, he got dropped a good deal but was very hard to finish.

I would add Jones, Ngannou (we'll know better soon), Blagoi Ivanov.

Ik people will pick Heavyweights but I think chin has to be a P4P thing. For me it's Holloway, Vettori is up there too but hasn't fought as many top guys as Max has.

Max has fought Volk x3, Aldo x2, Conor, Poirier x2, Yair, Ortega, Edgar, Swanson, Stephens, Lamas, KZ, Allen, Kattar, Oliveira, Pettis etc.. and not been dropped even once. That's nuts.

Every time a thread like this comes up, I always end up voting for Roy Nelson. And there's one sequence that solidifies this IMO.
This is an out of prime Roy Nelson, who is out of balance, his head straight back and chin straight out eating a right hook from Lewis that was thrown all the way from his legs. This is as clean of a right hook as you can land in the best possible scenario you can hope for for a knockout.

Yet Roy Neslon didn't even stagger.

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

Agree. This one makes absolutely no sense lol.

And he has several others like the JDS uppercut which should've put anyone out cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back