Who here has turned their life around?

I have

Drug addict/low level dealer teens to early twenties, real change happened at 25

Now 29 and in college

Origin story villager in dying village after factory closed, (unlocks special dialogue options with other villagers)

Last edited:
I have

Drug addict/low level dealer teens to early twenties, real change happened at 25

Now 29 and in college

Origin story villager in dying village after factory closed, unlocks special dialogue options with other villagers

What are you studying?

My life became better when I decided that I like my lady more than I like my friends and began distancing myself from their influence.

We moved to a different place, I went to school and surrounded myself with different people that weren't as trashy and didn't indulge in shitty behaviour.

Last edited:
I was a recluse as a teenager, and spent several years in a minimum wage job after.

I tried turning it around at twenty-five worth education and tried to join the Navy (which failed me on medical grounds), then completed my driving licence at twenty-nine and got a better job soon after. Did that for five years, got my HGV licence (which took a year to get), and started a better job that I'm currently doing six months ago.

I'm now looking for my first home.

I always find that I'm chasing for lost time. I really regret not travelling when I was younger and constantly fond myself torn between doing the smart thing here, and doing what I really want to do.

Depends on what you mean by "turning your life around. I never had as severe of an up and down like being a reformed gang member or drug addict. So my life isn't that inspiring of a story.

But I used to be fat, severely depressed, anxious, socially retarded, and terrible with women. Had no career prospects, no friends. A lonely virgin loser who just played video games in his mom's place. There were many moments in my life I seriously considered ending it. I eventually learned how to box, had a few fights, got fit, learned how to talk to people and pick up women. Stopped playing video games altogether. Now I work remote and travel to different countries regularly and meeting women isn't really an issue for me.

Am I successful and happy? That's a different topic altogether but if things went slightly differently, I could have easily hung myself in my mom's guest bathroom.

At what age, how, and particular background.
I hung around the wrong crowd in my early twenties and now that i'm away from that my life has turned around habits & lifestyle. Don't drink or smoke weed anymore generally more productive with my time.

I was a fuck up til 26 when had to get off my dad's insurance. Now I'm 33 and have my third kid on the way and I support the whole family. Pretty big turn around from when I could hardly take care of myself.

I was a recluse as a teenager, and spent several years in a minimum wage job after.

I tried turning it around at twenty-five worth education and tried to join the Navy (which failed me on medical grounds), then completed my driving licence at twenty-nine and got a better job soon after. Did that for five years, got my HGV licence (which took a year to get), and started a better job that I'm currently doing six months ago.

I'm now looking for my first home.

I always find that I'm chasing for lost time. I really regret not travelling when I was younger and constantly fond myself torn between doing the smart thing here, and doing what I really want to do.

Depends on what you mean by "turning your life around. I never had as severe of an up and down like being a reformed gang member or drug addict. So my life isn't that inspiring of a story.

But I used to be fat, severely depressed, anxious, socially retarded, and terrible with women. Had no career prospects, no friends. A lonely virgin loser who just played video games in his mom's place. There were many moments in my life I seriously considered ending it. I eventually learned how to box, had a few fights, got fit, learned how to talk to people and pick up women. Stopped playing video games altogether. Now I work remote and travel to different countries regularly and meeting women isn't really an issue for me.

Am I successful and happy? That's a different topic altogether but if things went slightly differently, I could have easily hung myself in my mom's guest bathroom.

Great to see you guys turn it around like that. Respects.

Poor as shit growing up, finished year 12 and spent my time getting stoned and hanging out with total losers... was not looking good.

Decided that I didn't want that to be my life so worked my ass off and became quite successful.

Life is about choices. I'm glad I decided to not be a complete loser at 18.

I turned my life around bigtime from a dogshit upbringing but crashed it all down. Now trying to slowly work my way back up although will probably never reach similar level of wealth as I briefly had, but I want to focus more on other things that bring satisfaction and create value this time around.

Looking back I always had the willingness to become something from the absolute shitshow of a household where I grew up in, but I was never equipped with whatever it takes to handle massive amounts of wealth. It was a painful experience overall but at least it's mine to own

I wouldn't say turning my life around like most people here but I made some significant decisions in the last 2 years and most recently few weeks ago by changing dead end job I been in for the last 16 years to the one I now fully enjoy. Different people, different mindset. I just feel that I belong here and as last job felt like a chore, this one feels like a privilege to be in. There is only one thing left in my pursuit to happiness but will unlock it when it happens.

At one point I wasted all my money on drugs, booze and women.

Now I donate it all to the church.

Back