Who here still buys music?

So you don't feel like the music itself it worth anything?

Not anymore, for me I have all the Chuck Berry, Simon and Garfunkle, Phil Collins, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Frankline, Queen, Creedence clear water Revival, Boston, Asia, Bob Dylan and Kansas music I will ever need.

I do not value music today, I however value music that has a personal memory attached to it.

Not anymore, for me I have all the Chuck Berry, Simon and Garfunkle, Phil Collins, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Frankline, Queen, Creedence clear water Revival, Boston, Asia, Bob Dylan and Kansas music I will ever need.

I do not value music today, I however value music that has a personal memory attached to it.

If all your music was taken from you, and you were left in a music-less world, would you be willing to drop some money to get it back?

Bought a few albums from people that I used to know personally. Also bought Kendrick's TPAB because I thought it was worth it.

I also bought Da POED EP/Album because they printed it on CD. I always wanted it when I was younger, but only had a bad copy on tape, that I listened to for about 8 years until I lost it:

That sounds like a shitty way to live.

Each to his own no?

Actually I scored a great job, great salary and access to various channels to make money, I bought a lot of stuff but after a few years I realized consumerism and materialism brought only a minimal amount of joy.

Now if I wear to buy a gift for my wife or friend/colleague I would buy according to their wants/needs.

So for example, if you enjoy buying music I wouldn't judge you if it truly brought you pleasure.

Yes. I don't work for free and wouldn't expect an artist to either. That said, sometimes it backfires. Last night I bought some Michael Bolton off iTunes. I have no idea why.

Yes. I don't work for free and wouldn't expect an artist to either. That said, sometimes it backfires. Last night I bought some Michael Bolton off iTunes. I have no idea why.

His rendition of WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN is quite good.

I suggest you enjoy a hot shower, sit down in a nice recliner, light some candles, drink a nice wine or whiskey and allow yourself to be taken away upon Michael Bolton's smooth melodies and emotional renditions of the musical art.

I do. I mostly buy cd's still, when I see a band in concert (which is a lot less frequent than it used to be) or directly from the band's website. The band gets more of the money this way.

I dont even download anymore, I mostly just listen to music on youtube. I'm not the type of person who enjoys having music playing in the background while I'm doing other stuff, so I dont need a lot of it.

His rendition of WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN is quite good.

I suggest you enjoy a hot shower, sit down in a nice recliner, light some candles, drink a nice wine or whiskey and allow yourself to be taken away upon Michael Bolton's smooth melodies and emotional renditions of the musical art.

Thanks, I did last night. Also put a thumb in my ass, because if you're going to be gay, might as well go all the way.

Each to his own no?

Actually I scored a great job, great salary and access to various channels to make money, I bought a lot of stuff but after a few years I realized consumerism and materialism brought only a minimal amount of joy.

Now if I wear to buy a gift for my wife or friend/colleague I would buy according to their wants/needs.

So for example, if you enjoy buying music I wouldn't judge you if it truly brought you pleasure.

My point was that you essentially implied that your only interest is in making money. You said you would only buy music if it was an "investment," rather than for entertainment. That gives me an image of some miser, like an Uncle Scrooge type, whose only interest is in making more and more money and hoarding it away somewhere, and who never takes the time to actually enjoy the fruits of his labor. What's the point of having money, after all, if you never spend it on something that will bring you some enjoyment?

You can feel free to correct me if I got the wrong idea.

I buy all of my music I don't download a song or album unless I can't find a place to buy it. Which happens a lot since a lot of the bands I listen to are more obscure or unsigned underground so it's harder to find their music that's the only time I will download. But yeah I prefer buying infact I just got a couple of CDs yeah I still buy CDs

My point was that you essentially implied that your only interest is in making money. You said you would only buy music if it was an "investment," rather than for entertainment. That gives me an image of some miser, like an Uncle Scrooge type, whose only interest is in making more and more money and hoarding it away somewhere, and who never takes the time to actually enjoy the fruits of his labor. What's the point of having money, after all, if you never spend it on something that will bring you some enjoyment?

You can feel free to correct me if I got the wrong idea.

You have got the wrong idea.

I buy albums of bands I really like who aren't that well known. Help support the production of more music.

I still buy a lot of music, both CDs and mp3s.

I tend to use free mediums like Spotify, Youtube etc to discover new artists and then when I've discovered someone I like I'll happily pay for their music.

Spotify premium for me, it's got pretty much everything to instantly stream, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of torrenting.

I buy a decent amount of stuff from Bandcamp. The pay what you like format is definitely an incentive to chuck a few quid in for smaller labels/bands.

Back