Who is Islams biggest threat to the lightweight throne?

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Personally I think chandler has the best chance of any, because he has good wrestling and has stand up to bother Islam and if he doesn’t fight like a maniac then he can win.

Who poses the biggest threat to his crown?

Whoever is next for Islam is in for a rude one. If its Dariush he is definitely getting knocked out.

No one. Lightweight sucks and is the most overrated division in ufc history. Bunch of old guys still brawling away with no real wrestling challenge for Islam.

Fiziev wins easily in my very humble opinion
I definitely give Fiziev a greater chance than anyone else. But I don’t think Islam had a great night from a wrestling standpoint. The best version of islam grapples Fiziev to death. Based on Volk’s performance fans will start to downgrade Islam’s grappling, but that would be a mistake imo.

Fiziev wins easily in my very humble opinion
Came here to say this. Fiziev has excellent TDD and the striking game is much stronger, and he's a good size LW. For me it's Fiziev.
I definitely give Fiziev a greater chance than anyone else. But I don’t think Islam had a great night from a wrestling standpoint. The best version of islam grapples Fiziev to death. Based on Volk’s performance fans will start to downgrade Islam’s grappling, but that would be a mistake imo.

Why you all saying Fiz when the past prime RDA was throwing him around?

Volk.

I think those were the two best fighters in the division. I'd say one of the next gen is probably number 3(as opposed to a Dustin, Charles, Chandler, Justin G etc) but I ain't going to pick say Fiviez to beat these 2. They've earned that much benefit of the doubt.

Why you all saying Fiz when the past prime RDA was throwing him around?
Fiziev stuffed all of RDA’s takedowns, I don’t think Fiziev beats Islam. But if he can stuff all the takedowns and get Islam tired (again I don’t think this will happen) then Fiziev with his dynamic striking can KO anyone.

Fiziev stuffed all of RDA’s takedowns, I don’t think Fiziev beats Islam. But if he can stuff all the takedowns and get him tired, Fiziev striking is dynamic he can KO anyone.

RDA got him down twice according to fight stats.

Back